We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Has anyone been to Haliburton Heights / Wigamog Resort in Hi

Which Haliburton hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Eastern Ontario
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Has anyone been to Haliburton Heights / Wigamog Resort in Hi

I hear that "Wigamog Resort" is no longer a part of the Haliburton Heights Resort hence information about facilities such as "check-in" - "in door swimming pool on site" - "Dining room" - "Weight /. training room" - "Hot tub / sauna" ..... don't exist at this time.

If you have had first hand experience; Please let us know.

hpd

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,466 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Has anyone been to Haliburton Heights / Wigamog Resort in Hi

Hi irishsumo;

I would suggest contacting them directly.

E-Mail: reservations@wigamoginn.com

Toll Free: 1-800-661-2010

Tel: 1-705-457-2000

Fax: 1-705-457-1962

Mailing Address

1701 Wigamog Rd. RR#2

Haliburton, ON.

K0M 1S0

http://www.wigamoginn.com

Best Regards

Eastern Ontario
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Has anyone been to Haliburton Heights / Wigamog Resort in Hi

I have tried contacting Haliburton Heights itself & Geo.

They only say that their I/D Pool & Hot Tub are closed for maintainance.

No word on when they will be open.

A friend from PA - USA arrived thers last week to find the whole of Wigamog

closed and thus no Pools, Dining Rooms, Hot tubs, Playground or Exercise rooms open / available.

Do you or does anyone else have first hand experience?

Thank you;

irishsumo

Haliburton, Ontario
Level Contributor
97 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Has anyone been to Haliburton Heights / Wigamog Resort in Hi

Wigamog is closed for the winter, according to a story in The Minden Times newspaper (and I live here).

The Geo resorts ppl have been left in the lurch.

Haliburton
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Has anyone been to Haliburton Heights / Wigamog Resort in Hi

Haliburton Heights and Wigamog Inn are not related to each other nor have they ever been. Guests that stay at Haliburton Heights could use the facilities at the Wigamog when available. Due to the closing of the Wigamog Inn, Haliburton Heights is business as usual. Guests that stay at Haliburton Heights can use the pool and gym facilites at the Pinestone Resort. The resort has their own check in facilities and drop in center on site.

The closing of the Wigamog Inn, was beyond Haliburton Heights control and have had no contact with their resort.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,466 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Has anyone been to Haliburton Heights / Wigamog Resort in Hi

Hi onsiterep;

From the posting guidelines...

"As a business representative, you are a welcome and special guest on our forums. If you'd like to participate in a discussion related to your business or a competitor's business, we ask that you clearly state your affiliation as a representative. Our members are entitled to this information so that they can be aware of any potential bias in your comments."

tripadvisor.ca/help/what_are_the_guidelines_…

Best Regards

Haliburton
3 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Has anyone been to Haliburton Heights / Wigamog Resort in Hi

I am the property manager for Haliburton Heights, we are business as usual, all Geo Members and incoming guests through RCI are advised of the Wigamog closure and that our guests can use the pool facilities and gym at the Pinestone Resort.

Due to the short notice from the Wigamog, we were able to develop our own check in desk, maintenance and housekeeping departments in a reasonable time.

Haliburton
3 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Has anyone been to Haliburton Heights / Wigamog Resort in Hi

Wigamog Inn was never part of Haliburton Heights, the guests could use their facilities if available.

8. Re: Has anyone been to Haliburton Heights / Wigamog Resort in Hi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:18 am, July 13, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Haliburton