We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lobster Suppers on the Shore

Toronto
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
Lobster Suppers on the Shore

Hi there,

My family and I are travelling east next week and are looking for a delicious - or possibly several - lobster dinners, boils, shucking...we travel through our stomachs and are hoping to get really local. ANy advice? Church suppers? Hidden gems?

Thanks!

6 replies to this topic
Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
14,356 posts
173 reviews
1. Re: Lobster Suppers on the Shore

Where will you be?

The lobster season is opening for the Northumberland Strait north and west of Pugwash. I know of no suppers.

You can buy cooked lobster at supermarkets (Sobeys, I believe, will steam it for you). Are you staying in a cottage? If so you can buy live lobsters and cook your own.

Fall River, Canada
Destination Expert
for Halifax
Level Contributor
1,340 posts
175 reviews
2. Re: Lobster Suppers on the Shore

Keep an eye on this kijiji link... some places are posting their local suppers here:

…kijiji.ca/f-church-supper-Classifieds-W0QQK…

New Minas, Canada
Level Contributor
2,377 posts
25 reviews
3. Re: Lobster Suppers on the Shore

There's the Shore Club at Hubbards:

www.shoreclub.ca

Also, at Hall's Harbour on the Bay of Fundy there's a lobster pound & restaurant. Great place to observe the tide while enjoying a lobster dinner.

www.hallsharbourlobster.com

There is a tour on a boat out of Lunenburg. Not sure if eating the lobsters is included. www.lobstermentours.com

On your travels, check at the local Tourist info Centres for local events. They could help you out on what is going on in the area.

Fundygirl

Toronto
Level Contributor
2 posts
3 reviews
4. Re: Lobster Suppers on the Shore

Great start - thanks! We are staying at a cottage, in fact, so it's true we could do our own...thought it might be nice to go out and about though.

Chester Basin...
Level Contributor
3,782 posts
68 reviews
5. Re: Lobster Suppers on the Shore

pick up a local paper on your travels to the cottage, listings for such things will be published there and also on bulletin boards of grocery stores etc.

Nova Scotia
Destination Expert
for Nova Scotia
Level Contributor
14,356 posts
173 reviews
6. Re: Lobster Suppers on the Shore

Definitely check bulletin boards and local papers.

Reply to: Lobster Suppers on the Shore
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Amherst