We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinery needed for 7 night stay in Field, BC

Essex
7 posts
Save Topic
Itinery needed for 7 night stay in Field, BC

Hi,

Me and my girlfriend are staying in Field, BC for 7 nights at the end of October. We have obviously seen a bit about the Emerald Lake, Lake Louise, Kicking Horse River etc but would like to know if anyone can suggest an itinery for us. We have a car rented, are inexperienced walkers/hikers, and would like to take in as much as possible. Would also like advice about avoiding the dangerous wildlife, what we would need to take etc.

Thanks

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
19,734 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Itinery needed for 7 night stay in Field, BC

Your hiking options will be somewhat limited at the end of October as there will be snow in the high country. Your best bet would be to visit the Visitor Information Centre in Field and get current information about trail conditions once you arrive. They can also let you know of any wildlife issues. At that time of the year, it's not so common to see bears, and the elk rut has ended so they are not all that dangerous anymore (but you should still give them space). I don't know if there are actually any elk in the immediate Field area; this is just info for Rockies in general.

2. Re: Itinery needed for 7 night stay in Field, BC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 am, August 21, 2009