We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

rving with 24footer in canadian rockies

dieppe
1 post
Save Topic
rving with 24footer in canadian rockies

at the end of june and early july we're traveling with an rv (24 ft) in

banff, kootenay,yoho, l.louise and jasper.

my question is: is it possible to visit areas ex.morraine lake., yoho

without having to rent a car.

your input would be appreciated in order to plan our vacation .

i know i can't go everywhere with an r.v. but is it possible to do without renting a car. thanks

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
18,664 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: rving with 24footer in canadian rockies

You won't be able to take the RV up the Cavell Road in Jasper National Park, which usually opens in late June. The road is just too narrow and the RV won't be able to make it around the switchbacks. There is a parking lot at the bottom of the road for people to drop their trailers etc. I guess your options, if the road is open when you are here, and you really don't want to miss it are to rent a car, arrange a ride with someone else, sign up with one of the tour companies for a guided-hike-and-transportation-package, or hitch-hike.

Other than this, I can't think of anywhere else in JNP where you won't be able to go. RVs do go up the roads to Miette Hotsprings and to Maligne Lake.

2. Re: rving with 24footer in canadian rockies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:19 pm, September 01, 2009