We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grocery Shopping in Lunenburg

Which Lunenburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sayulita
Destination Expert
for Sayulita
Level Contributor
605 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Grocery Shopping in Lunenburg

Hello all. We will be in Lunenburg for a couple of weeks in the summer of 2012. Can anyone tell me where there is a grocery store to buy all basics? The name of the store(s) as well as a street or address would be great! Many thanks.

11 replies to this topic
Fall River, Canada
Destination Expert
for Halifax
Level Contributor
1,315 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Grocery Shopping in Lunenburg

There is a huge superstore there that will have everything your heart desires, and it's attached to the liquor store! You will find it easily, as it is on one of the main roads into town.

Sayulita
Destination Expert
for Sayulita
Level Contributor
605 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grocery Shopping in Lunenburg

Thanks very much! We'll be staying somewhere around the middle of Pelham Street. Do you think it's walkable or would a car be necessary?

Fall River, Canada
Destination Expert
for Halifax
Level Contributor
1,315 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grocery Shopping in Lunenburg

Um, I have to apologize, cause the big Superstore that I was thinking about is in Liverpool, which is about a 15 minute drive away....

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
1,632 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Grocery Shopping in Lunenburg

You were close cgreno. It's a Save Easy I think and does have a liquor store attached, across from the Pearl Theatre/HB Studios. It's walkable, about 1 km, but there will be hills.

Sayulita
Destination Expert
for Sayulita
Level Contributor
605 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grocery Shopping in Lunenburg

Thank you both so much. We're thinking of moving to Lunenburg, trying it out again for a couple of weeks next summer, and need to find these things out before starting to house-hunt.

Fall River, Canada
Destination Expert
for Halifax
Level Contributor
1,315 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Grocery Shopping in Lunenburg

You aren't alone... tons of people are moving to Nova Scotia lately. Enjoy your vacation.

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
1,632 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Grocery Shopping in Lunenburg

Our daughter has lived in Lunenburg for ten years. She works for a gaming company and loves it there. Lived outside of town and is moving this month to a new house in town where she can walk to everything.The big box stores have not encroached, but are close enough in Bridgewater to be able to get the items not carried locally.

Chester Basin...
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Grocery Shopping in Lunenburg

Hello "

Lots and lots of properties on the market in Lunenburg and the South Shore in general. Claussan Walters Realty is right in town and you might want to look at tradewinds.ca for more listings. Yes a Save Easy Store close by the curling and skating rinks, about 1 km or less from Pelham Street , For your grocery run, taxi's are available and not expensive, best of luck,

blondie*

Lunenburg, Nova...
1 post
Save Reply
9. Re: Grocery Shopping in Lunenburg

cgreno you must not be in this area much. Liverpool is not 15 minutes away, you were thinking Bridgewater.

Does anyone on this forum actually live here? If you're on Pelham, the best place for you is the Foodland on Montague Street - it's right by Ironworks Distillery and where they are working on the Bluenose.

Dartmouth, Canada
Level Contributor
1,632 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Grocery Shopping in Lunenburg

My daughter mentioned Foodland the other day, I thought it had closed up, My bad.

Reply to: Grocery Shopping in Lunenburg
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted