We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

South Shore area

Which Lunenburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Florida
Level Contributor
34 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
South Shore area

Hi,there

Can someone recommend hotels in the South Shore area? We would like to stay in the area of Lunenburg.. Thanks in advance.

Sydney
Level Contributor
881 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: South Shore area

Lunenburg has some of the nicest B&Bs and small Inns in the Province. Two that I would particularly recommend are Atlantic Sojourn B&B and Alicion B&B but there are many others. If you go to www.bbcanada.com, then go to Nova Scotia, then the Lighthouse Route or South Shore, then Lunenburg, you can see most of the better properties.

Cheers

Mid Coast Maine...
Level Contributor
772 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: South Shore area

The town of Lunenburg was be an excellent place to make your base in that it has something for everyone from economical motels to charming b&bs to "hotels". (I put that in quotes, because although Lunenburg does have one "hotel" is isn't a Hyatt or Hilton. It's just called a "hotel" because it has over 20 rooms.) Plus, the town has a ton of restaurants, from fine dining to casual coffee shops, lots of shops, art galleries, museums and all sorts of activities to keep you entertained.

What is your price range ChloeGirl? And, what type of accommodation are you looking for? If you give us just a little bit more info, you'll get lots of great recommendations.

Chester Basin...
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: South Shore area

Lunenburg is an old historic town with many B&B's and Inns that have beautiful character and architecture. Many choices in the area so as mentioned please do let us know what you have in mind and we would be pleased to suggest for you.

Also near by Mahone Bay is another option for a stayover as the towns are only 10 minutes apart.

www.mahonebay.com

regards,

blondie **

Beaminster, United...
Level Contributor
40 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: South Shore area

Hi ChloeGirl

We stayed at the Lunenburg Inn a few weeks ago and got the marvellous welcome from Donna the host, it was like returning to family. We had the Hillside Suite on the ground floor which had it's own sitting room and entrance to the verandah. It was just a few minutes walk from the harbour and we thought the place was fascinating. Wouldn't hesitate to return.

Regards

Rauma

Lunenburg, Canada
Destination Expert
for Saint John, Foz do Iguacu, Iguazu National Park
Level Contributor
3,685 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: South Shore area

Hi Florida!

Be mindful of the layout of Lunenburg town.

The historic town has numerous B&Bs and tiny inns. They're all in keeping with the historic character of Lunenburg, which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site.

There are also a few motels. They aren't any of the chains you've heard of and they aren't in the historic town. Motels are all located a couple of miles away, out of sight of the old town. You can drive in easily enough, but the motel area is not within walking distance.

Mahone Bay is also a charming little town, but not as large as Lunenburg town and with fewer establishments.

Chain motels are located within shouting distance of the 103 freeway at Bridgewater, mostly near Exit 12. Bridgewater is the main town of the South Shore, and is a friendly place with plenty of restaurants and shopping, but it isn't charming like Lunenburg and Mahone Bay. It's just the main town.

Happy travels, and let me know if I can help further!

David

capetien10@gmail.com

Mid Coast Maine...
Level Contributor
772 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: South Shore area

Actually, the Topmast Motel, while not physically located in "Old Town" Lunenburg, has probably the most spectacular view of the town of any accommodation. It's located across the harbor, next to the Bluenose golf course, and would probably be a 15-20 minute walk into the heart of Old Town. They have both regular rooms and housekeeping units.

I've never been inside myself, but from what I hear they are very, very clean. Here's a link to their website http://www.topmastmotel.com/

Even if you don't stay at the Top Mast, do plan to get to this side of the harbor for some picture postcard views of Lunenburg. There's a little casual restaurant up at the golf course (which is open to the public), and has very tasty lobster rolls for lunch.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
831 posts
45 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: South Shore area

Check out our review of the Mariner King Inn. Very central and worth it just for the breakfasts.

8. Re: South Shore area

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, January 10, 2010