We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunenburg in May 2009 - how to get there from Halifax?

Which Lunenburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London
6 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Lunenburg in May 2009 - how to get there from Halifax?

Hello,

I will arrive to Halifax on 24 May '09 by train at about 5pm. Would like to visit Lunenburg on 25th + overnight stay and then need to get back to Halifax not later than late afternoon on 26th.

Any advice for transport Halifax- Lunenburg and back?

Thanks.

Alajuela
Level Contributor
54 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Lunenburg in May 2009 - how to get there from Halifax?

My advice would be to rent a car. You can also check out some shuttle services, like Cloud 9, but you may be arriving too late. See http://thecloudnineshuttle.com/

Also see http://wikitravel.org/en/Yarmouth_(Nova_Scotia)

Most of the time, shuttle going Halifax - Yarmouth will also stop in Lunenburg.

Fall River, Canada
Destination Expert
for Halifax
Level Contributor
1,314 posts
131 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lunenburg in May 2009 - how to get there from Halifax?

I got this from the Lunenburg website:

Trius Tours offers a daily Halifax–Lunenburg bus service. The bus departs Halifax from 1161 Hollis Street (Acadian Terminal) at 5:30 PM and arrives at the Lunenburg/Centre Mike's Quik Way at 7:05 PM. In the opposite direction, the bus departs from Mike's Quik Way at 10:50 AM Monday through Saturday, or 2:50 PM on Sunday and holidays. Further information is available at 1-877-566-1567 between 8am and 4pm Monday through Friday or by e-mail: triustours@pei.abin.com.This e-mail address is being protected from spam bots, you need JavaScript enabled to view it

explorelunenburg.ca/index.php…

Chester Basin...
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lunenburg in May 2009 - how to get there from Halifax?

Hi Michal 1980 "

If you don't wish to rent a car I have an option for you "

A freind of mine just gave me a business card for a local gentlemen who has just opened up a service.

He will pick you up in Halifax or an Airport location and bring you down this way ( South Shore Lunenburg included ) and of course back again when you are ready. The fares are extremely reasonable imho at apx $ 75 dollars for a trip from Lunenburg to the airport so I'm sure you can get a quote for your specifics if you wish.

No website only a phone # at this time.

B*B Transit

Ernie Blundell

902-273-2423

cell 902-277-1943

Airport Shuttle

Private Charters

Door to Door Service

Hope this gives you an option and if we can help you further just let us know,

regards,

blondie **

London
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Lunenburg in May 2009 - how to get there from Halifax?

thank you all lovely people for your advice!

I will definitely contact this guy ... it seems to be the best option for me.

Cheers

Michal

5. Re: Lunenburg in May 2009 - how to get there from Halifax?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:38 am, October 21, 2009