We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

First Leg of Trip

Which Lunenburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Shasta, California
Level Contributor
251 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
First Leg of Trip

Six weeks -Yay! Never thought it would get here back in January when I first started planning. This is my plan for our first days.

Arriving in Yarmouth from Portland on the CAT on a Sunday, picking up the car & ending up in Lunenburg. Figured we’ll be on our way by 2 but read a post where the folks didn’t get in until 3. Looks like we’ll have to wait & see just how long ferry takes & how long to pick up the car. If we did have time for a short detour off the highway, where should it be? : Shelburne? Lockeport? It’ll be getting dark earlier then and we want to get to our Inn before full dark.

Next day we’ll explore Lunenburg & Blue Rocks area until an afternoon sail on the Bluenose II. Then we thought we’d drive to Rose Bay, La Have Ferry, (& Bakery) then around to Crescent Beach & Petite Riviere, Italy Cross & back to Lunenburg on the 103.

Next day Peggys Cove early, part of the way by 3 to 333, back to Chester Basin by the highway for lunch at the Sea Shanty with a certain TA advisor. I know it’s doubling back, but that seems to be the best time-wise. Then all around the Aspotogan Peninsula via 329, ending with dinner at Shatfords. I think this all sounds ok?

Chester Basin...
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: First Leg of Trip

Sounds good Deb "

Looking forward to it,

blondie *

2. Re: First Leg of Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:22 am, October 01, 2009