We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Romantic Anniversary Dinner Needed-Fleur de Sel Cancelled Us

Which Lunenburg hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dalton, Georgia
Level Contributor
163 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Romantic Anniversary Dinner Needed-Fleur de Sel Cancelled Us

My husband and I planned our Anniversary trip to Nova Scotia to be in Lunenburg on Oct 10th for our Anniversary and to eat at Fleur de Sel. We had been reading such great reviews on the restaurant and were looking forward to eating there. I was wanting to try the Green Olive Soup and Chocolate Cake and my husband was wanting the Creme Brulee. Someone said they hadn't had any better since being in France. Well, that all ended when we found out that they were changing their schedule that week to Thurs.-Sun. and our Anniv. (Oct. 10th) is on Wed. and we were only going to be in Lunenburg for one more day on Oct. 11th and they are going to have a private party that night. After all our high expectations of getting to eat at Fleur de Sel, we are not going to try them out. Now, we have nowhere I can find for a nice romantic Anniversary dinner. Please help me find us a special place to celebrate our 26th wedding anniversary on Wed. Oct. 10th. All suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

ladydawg

Chester Basin...
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Romantic Anniversary Dinner Needed-Fleur de Sel Cancelled Us

That's too bad ladydawg "

I can tell you were looking forward to your special dinner at Fleur de Sel. Unfortunatly that is the most romantic place to dine in Lunenburg, in my opinion, but there are a few more to tell you about for your consideration in town.

Firstly I would recommend Trattoria della Nonna "

www.trattoriadellanonna.com

Secondly I would recemmend The Rumrunner Restaurant"

www.rumrunnerinn.com

Lastly Bluenose Lodge"

www.bluenoselodge.ca

good luck and let us know if you have anny additional questions,

blondie *

Dalton, Georgia
Level Contributor
163 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Romantic Anniversary Dinner Needed-Fleur de Sel Cancelled Us

Hi Blondie,

We will be staying at the Addington Arms on Oct. !0th and 11th, so Chris has also suggested going to RumRunners on Oct. 11th. We were originally going to Trattoria della Nonna on Oct. 11th, so Chris has now made the reservations there for our Anniversary. Will a Trattoria be romantic for a anniversary dinner. I know from the reviews the food though will be wonderful. Chris is also suppose to talk to Sylvie at Fleur de Sel that maybe we might be able to come before her party guests on Oct. 11th. They open at 5 PM and I don't know what time her party starts. I haven't heard from Chris yet. I guess we will go to the Rumrunners if no such luck happens.

Also, if you travel from Wolfville down to Annapolis Royal, then travel from there on to Lunenburg, how far are we looking at? What are the main attractions to be seen in Annapolis Royal? Would they be other things we needed to stop at along the way? I forgot to even ask the best route to take byway of Annapolis Royal? Thanks for you feedback.

ladydawg

Chester Basin...
Level Contributor
3,781 posts
72 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Romantic Anniversary Dinner Needed-Fleur de Sel Cancelled Us

Hello ladydawg "

I'm happy to hear you will be staying at The Addington in Lunenburg.

You will surely be most happy there and Chris will be most helpful with your arrangements etc. Good choice.

I think you'll like Della Nonna, it's warm and full of character, I like it and hope you do as well. The Rumrunner should be to your liking as well, good food, nice atmosphere and good views of the Lunenburg Harbour.

Annapolis Royal is charming, a very walkable historic town"

www.tourannapolisroyal.com

www.annapolisroyal.com

From Wolfville to Annapolis Royal with stops along the valley route perhaps, allow 2 hours.

From Annapolis Royal along Route #8 to Liverpool, allow 1 hour.

From Liverpool to Lunenburg allow 2 more hours. If you wish to speed it up and not travel the coastal route from Liverpool allow 1 hour.

I hope you enjoy your time here,

blondie **

4. Re: Romantic Anniversary Dinner Needed-Fleur de Sel Cancelled Us

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, September 09, 2009