We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mont Tremblant or Beaver Creek, Co? New years?

miami
Level Contributor
6 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Mont Tremblant or Beaver Creek, Co? New years?

Hello every one. I am 21 yrs old and will be traveling to Mont tremblant with my family for the first time from Miami, Fl for New years. My boyfriend and I are 21,22 my brother and his girlfriend are both 25 and my parents are in their 50's. We always go to Beaver Creek, Colorado for the New year and enjoy the village like atmosphere very much since we are not big skiers. I have a few questions to ask and would appreciate anyone's help.

-If you've been to both Beaver creek and Mont Tremblant do you consider them alike? Is Beaver creek more "upscale" compared to Mont T or about the same feel? What do you like better?

-Is there a lot to do if you choose not to ski?

-What is the "place to be" for New year's?

-What are the best restaurants... we do not really like French food (not a good thing, I know) are there other good choices?

-Is it true we should be making reservations for everything now in advance..meaning winter activities, restaurants, etc.?

-We are staying in the Marriott residence inn... is this a good choice?

ANYFEED BACK WOULD HELP! THANKS!

Boston...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Mont Tremblant or Beaver Creek, Co? New years?

I have been to both Beaver Creek and Mont Tremblant. The minute I arrived in Beaver Creek, my first thought was "oh my, this looks just like Tremblant.". We loved Tremblant because it had many more "walkable" things to do. When I was in Beaver Creek, I stayed at the Hyatt and the Ritz and both I thought were limited in comparison to the size of Tremblant.

I would put Tremblant on a lower scale for shopping since the prices are better but Beaver Creek caters to a certain crowd. I have never been for New Years so I don't know what to tell you there. I too am looking for the best restaurants, last year we ate a LaForge and it was very good. Bullseye was horrible, would skip it again this year.

We stayed at the Fairmont but I saw the Marriott when I was there, all the hotels are great but I don't think they all have their own restaurants.

Hope this helps.

Boston...
Level Contributor
345 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mont Tremblant or Beaver Creek, Co? New years?

You may want to try www.tremblant-insider.com It has forums specifically about Tremblant and is relatively active as far as postings. I'm sure someone there would be able to answer all your questions as far as restaurants, when to book activities, crowds at New Years etc.

3. Re: Mont Tremblant or Beaver Creek, Co? New years?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 11:44 am, November 04, 2010
4. Re: Mont Tremblant or Beaver Creek, Co? New years?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 pm, August 25, 2009