We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Autumn Colours in Mont Tremblant

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Autumn Colours in Mont Tremblant

Is it still possible to see the autumn colors around Mont Tremblant, or did the we pass the peak and leaves fell off already. The Quebec tourist site bonjourquebec seems to indicate that this weeks was still peaking, but I;m not sure.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
12,323 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Autumn Colours in Mont Tremblant

DON"T COME!. It is totally bare around. I think that except for the Island of Montréal it is bare all across the Province. The closest places where there will still be a show will be southern Vermont State, Catskills in NYS and Southern Ontario just around Kitchener.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,168 posts
777 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Autumn Colours in Mont Tremblant

Well past the peak by now...

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Autumn Colours in Mont Tremblant

Damn it. I'm actually already on the bus to Ottawa and already reserved the car and the hotel. Should have done my homework, but I counted on the Quebec Tourism site updated report. I've been in Canada since September 16th, been to the 1000 islands, to Montreal, Quebec City, Algonquin Park and Rouge Park, and colours were nice, but not THAT great. I guess I'm at the wrong place at the wrong time :(

Oh well, I hope tremblant will still be attractive even without the colours.

Edited: 12:39 pm, October 24, 2013
Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,929 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Autumn Colours in Mont Tremblant

Hope you have gloves and a scarf. Snow at the summit and flakes in the air.

Tremblant is always beautiful. Right now it is very quiet and calm. Wrap up warmly and walk about

It really wasn't a stunning year for the fall colours. Very muted and low key. So you didn't miss much.

Edited: 12:56 pm, October 24, 2013
Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,323 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Autumn Colours in Mont Tremblant

Well if you cannot cancel the car rental you should drive on the Québec side when coming back from Ottawa and make stops in Montebello to see the very picturesque Fairmont Château Montebello and Omega Park nearby.

As Mont-Tremblant per se it is very dull now since it is the in between season. So no winter activities yet but no fall activities neither except trekking. Luge is not working and the gondola to the summit either.

You didn't mention Québec City, Toronto or Niagara Falls in your reply but I think that you should head to one of these destinations instead of Tremblant if you haven't visited those yet. As I wrote you might hit some spots with leaves in the Niagara Escarpment or just around Kitchener. In that area there is a big Amish community with the largest farmer market in Canada at Saint-Jacob..

Jerusalem, Israel
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Autumn Colours in Mont Tremblant

Thanks, I did mention Quebec City and also Toronto (Rouge Park). I also visited Niagra Falls (of course) and hiked a little in in Caledon valley and Hockley hills, so Ive had my fair share of east Canadian forests.. Perhaps Ill drop by that chateu in Montebello on my way, but Im more of a nature person. I hope Ill get to see some wildlife while hiking in Tremblant Park, maybe the chances are better because there are less people around..

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
12,323 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Autumn Colours in Mont Tremblant

The Fairmont Château Montebello is the largest log structure in the world and a very unique Canadian icon. You can just park and visit the lobby, etc and walk on the beautiful grounds. Omega Park is like a safari zoo but only with northern climes animals. The grounds are extra large and it will be very quiet at this time of the year so it will be a very unique chance to encounter bisons, wolves, deers, etc in their natural habitats. Bring a big bag of carrots for the wapitis!

Near Ottawa you can also visit the Gatineau Park.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
707 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Autumn Colours in Mont Tremblant

I strongly support rickb suggestions about Montebello and Omega... I visited both with my wife last year in Novembre and REALLY enjoyed both. (Me and my wife are nature/outdoors people as well)

9. Re: Autumn Colours in Mont Tremblant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, October 26, 2014