We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trying to plan snowboard trip

Which Mont Tremblant hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
1 post
5 reviews
Save Topic
Trying to plan snowboard trip

Trying to plan snowboard trip for 5-7 people. Snowboarders / skiers from NJ. Never been to Canada before and know absolutely nothing about the mt tremblant or the area. It was recommended by a few friends. We plan on driving. Would like to stay relatively cheap. Thinkin of a condo/rental... What are good places to stay? Good websites for rentals? Are there rental areas to stay away from. We would prefer to be close to he skiing. WHEN IS THE BEST TIME TO GO???? I'm dying to snowboard so I would like to go ASAP... Does December have decent conditions???? Or should we wait until January?? Any suggestions would help!

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
10,949 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trying to plan snowboard trip

Firstly you will need passports to get into Canada.

Secondly if you are planning to drive from NJ to MT in winter you need winter driving experience. You also need to be able to delay your trip in bad weather. Winter storms can mean roads are closed and sometimes very snow/ice covered. Winter driving is not for the faint of heart, or inexperienced.

If you want to stay near the skiing, then you need to stay at the mountain resort. That is where bars, nightlife etc are.

The snow in December is very, very unreliable and often there are very few runs open. January is a much better choice, but you risk have to delay due to snowstorms,

The cheapest rentals on the mountain are Le Tour du Voyageur and La Chouette. You can look on vrbo for rentals too, just check they are on resort.

There are lots of options away from the resort too, but the you would need to drive and park.

Check liftopia for ticket deals.

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
82 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Trying to plan snowboard trip

Hi, The resort plans to start the ski season on November 22, 2012. However, I suggest you wait until january to get the best snow conditions possible.

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
10,949 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trying to plan snowboard trip

Oh my gosh we never rely on those opening dates as the snow is highly unpredictable. Even by mid December snow may or may not be on th eground.

4. Re: Trying to plan snowboard trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 am, December 17, 2013