We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to eat?

Which Mont Tremblant hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Toronto
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Topic
Where to eat?

We will be staying in the Pedestrian Village with 3 kids. I understand there is plenty of choice in the village but I'm afraid my 5 years old will not fancy the fancy food. Also, a dinner for 5 can be pretty expensive. I looked under Cheap Eats in the restaurants section, the only place I could find suitable was Restaurant Maison Du Spaghetti. We will have a car but still it seems a bit far from the Village. Also, is there any grocery store in the area? We will have a fridge in the suite so I was thinking about some milk and cornflakes :)

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,181 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to eat?

Great grocery shopping in the St Jovite sector. This is two highway exits before the actual Mont Tremblant exit. Right by the highway you will have three big grocery stores, IGA, Maxi and Super C. In the town of St Jovite there is the Metro and Bourrassa, the ultimate foodie shop.

You will Not have any trouble finding kid friendly food, but as I don't know what cheap is for you I will suggest the ones we us when the kids were smaller.

The Shack has a great kids menu and adult food is pretty good too. Casey's has a kids menu, very good adult food. There are two pizza places, both a good deal by Tremblant standards. Smokes Poutinierie is not bad, kids can share the huge portions.

There are lots of fancy places too, but Tremblant is a family resort and you will not lack for choice.

If your suite has a kitchen maybe stock up on drinks and snacks too, maybe even lunch stuff, just having one meal out a day an save a bundle.

Maybe take a backpack and pack a picnic to enjoy at the summit, there are some great spots with incredible views.

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
11,956 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to eat?

I think that a trip to the Saint-Jovite sector if you are staying at the Intrawest Resort or nearby is not only a necessity to get a variety of groceries but also a nice expedition to see how the "real" folks around lives. For example Maison du Spaghetti is catering almost exclusively to locals, I am not even sure if the waitresses speak English but that can be part of the fun. As is shopping at Bourassa just to see the off the beaten paths products they offer. And going to Dollarama is almost a requisite to buy cheap toys and trinkets for a 5 y.o.

So yes it is not really a chore to stop by Saint-Jovite or drive there later in your stay but a good experience. As per another family dining option in the Saint-Jovite area there is the always reliable Saint-Hubert, a rotisserie chain that is an institution in the Province,. Just don't be fooled by the fact that Saint-Hubert is often referred as Saint-Hubert Barbecue while the product has nothing in common with the real Southern barbecues. So it is family friendly and you can get almost everything but the kitchen sink at affordable prices and it is located in the upper part of Saint-Jovite near the 3 large grocery stores that Bogwoppit mentioned.

Toronto
Level Contributor
38 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to eat?

Thanks!

4. Re: Where to eat?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:16 am, August 03, 2013
Get answers to your questions about Mont Tremblant