We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Alfie's Beefeater

Which Mont Tremblant hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,077 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
Alfie's Beefeater

Great news for anyone that knows and loves the Arundel institution that is Alfred's Beefeater that closed two years ago after Alfie's death.

It has recently been bought by a local businessman and is undergoing renovations. How exciting that the town might have a reinvigorated dining establishment again.

Barrie, Canada
Level Contributor
257 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Alfie's Beefeater

bogwoppit....never been through Arundel despite all my trips to Tremblant up 323 or the Autoroute.....but I do know where it is! Always nice to hear when a beloved insitiution is resurrected!

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Alfie's Beefeater

Hi Bogwoppit,

I haven't been to Arundel in years... have relatives in area... and others now long gone. Definitely a family attachment though.

Let me know when Alfred's Beefeater is OPEN again... I perhaps will make a "detour" to check out the "old turf" next time I am up that way.

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,077 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Alfie's Beefeater

Sure will, maybe you can drop in here for a drop of vino!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
11 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Alfie's Beefeater

Where was this restaurant located?

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,077 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Alfie's Beefeater

It is on Morrison Rd which is highway 327 & 364 (odd but they intertwine for a while. It is about 3pm from the centre of town.

Toronto
Level Contributor
2 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Alfie's Beefeater

Good news! Alfie's Beefeater has risen from the ashes and morphed into Gil's Beefeater. Same location, beautiful new building, very nice menu! It plans to open weekends only for the winter. Tried it out last weekend and was not disappointed. Decor is worth seeing too.

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,077 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Alfie's Beefeater

How long did you wait for your meal? We arrived at 6pm and waited over two hours. I am hoping things improve. The place is beautiful, staff great. Food not so hot.

Hopefully Gil reads Tripadvisor.

Toronto
Level Contributor
2 posts
97 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Alfie's Beefeater

Didn't seem that our wait was excessive but the restaurant wasn't terribly busy -- we were somewhat early. I'm willing to cut them some slack while they get into a routine -- all the staff is new I believe. I had a 6 oz filet mignon that was delicious, beautifully presented veggies and fully loaded baked potato. All good!

Quebec
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
11,077 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Alfie's Beefeater

Good news. Hopefully things are coming together. I think this is their third month of operation, they opened at the beginning of August. The staff are all very nice and the place has a lot of potential to be fabulous.

Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Alfie's Beefeater

It is now called Gil's Beefeater and most definitely has The Best surf and turf my husband and I have ever had. The service is great, decor is very nice and the restaurant is impeccably clean. An old friend of ours is the manager and brought us into the kitchen, it was spotless and very well run. We ended up going back twice in one week because we were salivating for the filet mignon. The chef cooked it to perfection. At $36 a plate for the surf and turf, it's a must. An absolute gem of a place in the country with beautiful surroundings.

Make sure to reserve in advance as they are very often fully booked.

Get answers to your questions about Mont Tremblant