We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

chalets - 50% deposit, 50% 2 weeks before arrival?!

Which Mont Tremblant hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Halifax
Level Contributor
221 posts
Save Topic
chalets - 50% deposit, 50% 2 weeks before arrival?!

We booked at Tremblant Mountain Chalets with a 50% downpayment. Now they seem to want to process the other 50%, before we arrive! We've never done as much as a 50% downpayment, and certainly never done prepayment in full. Anyone else heard of this??

Dearborn, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
3,993 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: chalets - 50% deposit, 50% 2 weeks before arrival?!

It is not a practice I am familiar with, but many resorts will ask you to pay in full prior to arrival. I suspect that the different practices are because large resorts often can rebook and that small ones (and Tremblant Mountain Chalets consists of a group of cabins some distance from the Tremblant resort and is not affiliated with it) usually cannot not.

Didn't they make clear their deposit and payment policies when you booked?

Montreal, Canada
Destination Expert
for Quebec, Montreal, Quebec City, Mont Tremblant, Miami, Miami Beach
Level Contributor
11,789 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: chalets - 50% deposit, 50% 2 weeks before arrival?!

If it was not clear upfront I would refuse to pay the second half prior to arrival and, in this particular case, be a bit leery so ask to visit the chalet before foreclosing the transaction.

Halifax
Level Contributor
221 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: chalets - 50% deposit, 50% 2 weeks before arrival?!

Thanks, everyone!

4. Re: chalets - 50% deposit, 50% 2 weeks before arrival?!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:16 pm, October 10, 2012