We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

When to go in Feb. / March?

Which Mont Tremblant hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Save Topic
When to go in Feb. / March?

What is the atmosphere in early Feb., late Feb., and / or early March? When is the best time to go in this time period? We are looking to go from Thursday night until Sunday. Would like a lively atmoshpere but not too crowded, especially the slopes since we are more on the beginner level of skiing. What is the weather typically like during these time periods?

Upstate New York
Level Contributor
483 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: When to go in Feb. / March?

In New York State our schools are mostly closed from Feb 18 - Feb 26. So, there are more of us up there then. We always go that week - and it has never felt too crowded.

Weather will be COLD COLD. See other posts on here for more info about that.

We have always ahd fabulous skiing in Feb. You just have to bring your warmest clothes, and watch for frostbite.

usa
Level Contributor
910 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: When to go in Feb. / March?

Most definitely watch for frostbite. We almost had a true disaster there three years ago w/frostbite. We had left the summit lodge and we're starting to ski down. The wind was so strong and it was cold we were freezing. Thought about going back into the lodge and decided it was best to get off the mountain.

My sons cheeks literally were freezing. I didn't understand this. He was crying because it hurt so much. I thought he was crying because he was just cold.

I didn't know that serious damage can happen almost immediately so do keep an eye out. The only reason it was halted was because my husband knew what was happening immediately and took action to stop it.

If I had been alone w/my son he'd be having skin grafts (if they could even help him)because I didn't know what I was looking at.

The weather isn't something to play around with. Definitely bring your warmest gear and don't think about toughening it out. Seek shelter when you need it.

Upstate New York
Level Contributor
483 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: When to go in Feb. / March?

So true! Those neoprene face things are great, but you still have to be careful if it's very cold.

Get answers to your questions about Mont Tremblant