We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

L'Equinoxe Condominiums

Which Mont Tremblant hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Bermuda
3 posts
Save Topic
L'Equinoxe Condominiums

Hi - I'm looking at the L'Equinoxe condominiums but I am trying to fully understand how far they are from the village. I'm somewhat familiar with Mont Tremblant having been once before, and while I don't mind being out of the village proper, I do want to be within easy walking distance.

I'm also considering some accommodations in town at either the Hilton Homewood Suites (where I've stayed before) or Le Place Bernard, but the condo at L'Equinoxe seems much more inviting.

Please, any advice you could give would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Marc

Dearborn, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
3,993 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: L'Equinoxe Condominiums

L'Equinoxe condos and townhouses are the highest condos and townhouses at Tremblant and, depending upon the specific residence, have spectacular views of the lake, mountains and the pedestrian village below them. They are ski-in/ski-out.

The drive from L'Equinoxe to the open square at the bottom of the village takes about 3 minutes. There is a free shuttle bus, or you may drive your own vehicle. One side of the open square has the Tour de Voyageur building with its iconic clock tower (see #10 on the official resort map). The Cabriolet stand-up lift begins in the middle of the square. Parking, both free and paid, is available directly opposite the square in two large lots.

The road from L'Equinoxe to the village is paved and also has a sidewalk, both of which are kept clear of snow in winter. It is about a 10-15 minute walk down to the village and, because of the uphill climb, an additional 5 to 7 minutes should be added for the return walk. Most people drive or take the shuttle in winter.

In summer, there also is another path (about the same distance, but in a different direction) that leads to the top of the village instead of the bottom. I hope this helps. I am an owner of a L'Equinoxe condo and will be happy to try to answer any other questions your may have about the area.

UK
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: L'Equinoxe Condominiums

The Equinoxe does provide a high standard per $, but it is a fairly steep (cold)walk, especially in ski boots or with children etc..

The other properties you mentioned are OK, the Hilton was refurbed in 06/07. My favourite is the Westin because it's a full service 5* hotel and one of the only hotels to have a year round pool & hot-tub. Great location, back door for the pedestrian square or front door for the old village quarter.

You'll have a great stay in any of the above.

Enjoy.

Dearborn, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
3,993 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: L'Equinoxe Condominiums

Just to clarify, as I mentioned in my previous post, few people walk to and from the village from L'Equinoxe in winter. It would not be impossible, but certainly not recommended, particularly in ski boots and carrying skis. Personally, I walk to the villagte only in summer.

Most people take the free shuttle. It has outside-mounted ski racks, gets to and from the village in just a few minutes and makes two stops in the village: one at the top of the village adjacent to Sommet de Neiges and about a 30-60 second walk from the lifts, and one at the bottom of the village.

In the village, Fairmont, Westin and Hilton are all good and convenient places to stay. There are others as well.

Bermuda
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: L'Equinoxe Condominiums

Thanks very much to both of you for your help.

I'm still torn (for some reason, booking skiing trips always causes a streak of indecision with me!). One thing I'm looking at is the shuttle to and fro the village from L'Equinoxe. The documentation on the Tremblant site suggests that it shuts down after 5pm except for Friday night, and is not clear where it stops in the village.

How far would we have to walk from the base of the hill to the pubs to the shuttle?

And, how to get back to L'Equinoxe if you miss the 5pm?

Thanks,

Marc

Dearborn, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
3,993 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: L'Equinoxe Condominiums

SHUTTLE SCHEDULE. It varies by date. You did not say when you plan to visit Tremblant. If between now and Feb 15, you are correct in saying that the last shuttle is at 5:00 p.m. Mon-Thursday. If you plan to visit from Feb 16 through March 16, the last shuttle is at 8:30 p.m. Unfortunately, the only way to get home after the shuttle ceases operations is to walk, drive or take a taxi.

SHUTTLE STOPS. The shuttle makes two stops in the village. One is at the top of the village, very close to Place St-Bernard and adjacent to the hotel called Le Sommet des Neiges. The shuttle stop is about a 1 to 3 minute walk to restaurants and bars in that part of the village such as Bull's Eye, LaForge, Le Shack, Coco Pazzo, etc. (1 to 3 minute walk, depending upon which restaurant/bar you want).

The second stop is at the bottom of the village, about 40 meters from the Cabriolet stand-up lift and about 1 to 3 minutes from restaurants and bars, such as Casey's, Le Diable Micro-brewery, La Savoie, Creperie Catherine, Bar Cafe d'Epoque, P'tit Caribou, etc.

usa
Level Contributor
910 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: L'Equinoxe Condominiums

rmdeslauriers,

I certainly can understand your dilemma. Though the Equinox is more inviting, I couldn't see walking to the village geared up to ski - it's a steep, long walk. I have stayed there in the summertime and absolutely loved it. I have also stayed in the Homewood Suites and given a choice between the two, I'd pick the Hilton Homewood Suites for skiing. You just can't beat it's location.

Have you considered staying in another condominium unit closer to the pedestrian village? The ones I've stayed at and have some familiarity with are the Sommet de Neige and the Altitude. Sommet de Neige is in the village, and Altitude is barely a 5 minute walk away.

I liked both places very much but my favorite is the Altitude.

I'll gladly answer any questions about the units I have stayed in.

Dearborn, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
3,993 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: L'Equinoxe Condominiums

I am truly puzzled that two posters mentioned a long, steep walk with ski boots and carrying skis as a L'Equinoxe disadvantage, as that simply isn't the case. Neither poster appears to have stayed at L'Equinoxe in winter and they may be merely imagining what it would be like with ski equipment. Whichever place you decide upon, I do think that the decision should be made with the benefit of accurate, not speculative and misleading, information.

For the record, there is absolutely no need to walk to the village with skis, boots, etc. None. In fact, rarely does anyone walk to and from the lifts from L'Equinoxe. Most ski down directly to the lifts; other drive or take the free shuttle.

1. Please note that the free shuttle bus takes skiers to within seconds of the lifts, so even there, walking is NOT an issue.

2. Also, for intermediate and higher-level skiiers, L'Equinoxe is ski-in/ski-out. This means that you can ski directly from the condos to one of the lifts and, returning from the mountain, ski directly back to the condos.

Depending upon the dates of your visit, the shuttle bus schedule might be a concern for you at night if you do not have a car and don't want to use taxis.

usa
Level Contributor
910 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: L'Equinoxe Condominiums

Tyler,

I'm not trying to speak about something I'm unfamiliar with - I think the Equinox is lovely, but, having been to Tremblant as a non-owner at least 10 times, I have to say, it's not my first choice as a winter rental. I have stayed there in the summer and loved it.

I like things to flow easily and it doesn't appeal to me to have to worry about lift chairs to get to the run that takes me to my unit, particularly at the end of a hard day of skiing. I'm seasoned enough to know that's when accidents happen.

I don't want to contemplate Mother Nature and whether or not she's going to provide enough snow to get me and my clan to the lifts, or "home" on the access trail. Bus schedules are for workdays and city vacations. That's just me and the things I look at when I'm booking my ski rental units. Maybe that's because I've been dragging kids around with me all these years.

D

Dearborn, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
3,993 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: L'Equinoxe Condominiums

loveselvis,

Thanks for the explanation. Each of us has different "wants", needs and tolerance levels and that is a good thing. You mentioned having stayed at Le Sommet and Altitude (both excellent choices as well). Of the two, it seems to me that Sommet is more a bit more convenient for skiing as it is literally out the door and on the Telecabine, though I understand that the Altitude condos are nicer (I haven't been yet). So many trade-offs. . .

Wherever rmdeslauriers decides to stay, I hope he has a wonderful time.

Bermuda
3 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: L'Equinoxe Condominiums

Hi all. I thought I would give you a quick update because you've been so thoughtful as to offer excellent advice and insight. When I mentioned the choices of accommodations as well as recommendations made here to a friend who has visited Mont Tremblant many times, she through her hat in the ring with a vote for Le Sommet des Neiges, her favourite.

Also, because my girlfriend is a novice skier (a VERY novice skier), I had some concerns with her ability to ski in to or out of L'Equinoxe. So, I then turned my attention to L'Altitude -- also mentioned here -- but they were fully booked.

In the end, I called central booking to stay at the Homewood Suites, where I'd been once before. I asked the agent for his frank opinion about the best place to stay around that part of the pedestrian village and he could only say that they were "all very good". After some further prompting, though, he finally admitted that if it were up to him, he'd choose Le Sommet des Neiges over Homewood Suites or Le Place St. Bernard.

So, in the end I hope I've made the right choice! Now all we need is snow, snow, and more snow.

Thanks again for all your help.