We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mont Tremblant travel options

Toronto
Level Contributor
1 post
6 reviews
Save Topic
Mont Tremblant travel options

Hi,

I have also been trying to organize a trip for myself and three of my friends to Mont Tremblant for a few days. I wanted to know what mode of transportation you suggest. I do not have a car as I am young, and I have lookd at flights, trains, and buses. The flights are slightly too expensive but the other two options are definately valid. What should I do?

My friends and I are skiiers, and we are going stricly to ski, so I dont care about accomodation, just want something very cheap, any suggestions there?

Dearborn, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
4,166 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mont Tremblant travel options

TRANSPORTATION. Via Rail from Toronto to Montreal's Trudeau International Airport (there is a VIA station at nearby Dorval), then the Mont Tremblant Skyport express coach from Trudeau directly to Tremblant's pedestrian village.

LODGING. Since you won't have a car, staying in the Tremblant resort would be the most convenient for skiing, restaurants and night life. The least expensive lodging in the resort is Condos La Chouette. These condos also have a good location and are only a short walk to the lifts and to restaurants, shops and bars.

Check out the official Tremblant website (www.tremblant.ca) for photos and descriptions of La Chouette and all of the other lodging choices. It might be worth browsing some of the other options as well, as sometimes an extra $5 or $10 per person, per night can be worth it in terms of space and amenities. In any case, splitting the cost among the four of you, you should be able to find a condo for about $50 per night per person, depending upon when you plan to travel. PRICES at Tremblant will be higher during peak season (Christmas to New Years particularly), but then the resort will have a more exciting apres ski when it is busy as well.

Any of the condo properties in the resort would work well for you but I think that four young guys might be happier in the pedestrian village than on the mountain or golf course, as the village is livelier.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,177 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mont Tremblant travel options

I have to say that if you can stay anywhere but La Chouette, you should do so. I was in a 1 bdrm with loft that was tiny. Now, if it is the only thing you can afford, then what the heck and with a 4 way split most anything becomes reasonable. But it is my opinion that I would rather have 4 people in a hotel room or 1 bdrm condo than La Chouette. Good Luck!!!

3. Re: Mont Tremblant travel options

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, September 14, 2009