We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Christmas Eve dinner at Mont Tremblant

Which Mont Tremblant hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Birmingham, AL
6 posts
Save Topic
Christmas Eve dinner at Mont Tremblant

Myself and 5 other family members will be in Mont Tremblant from Dec. 22 to Dec. 27. Any suggestions about a nice place to eat a great Christmas Eve dinner for 6 people?

Dearborn, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
4,065 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Christmas Eve dinner at Mont Tremblant

I am not sure if all of the restaurants will be open on Christmas Eve and, if they are, for which hours, but it definitely should be possible to find a nice place for dinner.

It would help if you could give me some idea of your per person budget and whether it includes wine, tip and taxes or not. Also, do you prefer a restaurant in the resort village or are you open to trying places up to 10 or 15 minutes away by car?

In the resort village, just to start the conversation, here are three possibilities: the Fairmont, upstairs at LaForge and Les Artistes. All three probably will be doing special dinners for Christmas.

Birmingham, AL
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Christmas Eve dinner at Mont Tremblant

There is no budget and DEFINITELY wine will be involved. I have just begun this search and looking for options near by the resort and in the village. We will not be staying in the village so travel by vehicle will be needed either way.

Dearborn, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
4,065 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Christmas Eve dinner at Mont Tremblant

OK, it is good to know that there is no budget and that wine is important. My kind of people!

I suggest that you check out the following six restaurants for menus, photos and contact information. Please call them to verify their dinner service hours and particularly whether they will be open for dinner on Christmas Eve. Reservations are strongly recommended.

By the way, there are lots of other restaurants as well.

WINDIGO. As this is the Fairmont hotel’s restaurant, you won’t have to be concerned about whether they are open Christmas Eve, Food should be good to excellent, depending upon what you order. Link is www.fairmont.com.

LA FORGE. The upper level is what you want for fine dining. The lower level is more informal, with a bar/bistro menu. La Forge is a Wine Spectator “Best of Award of Excellence” (level 2 out of 3) recipient. I have never had a bad meal here. Good steaks, chops, lamb, among other dishes. 
Website is www.laforgetremblant.com.

RESTAURANT LES ARTISTES. This place has good atmosphere and a nice, upscale bistro menu that always is good and often excellent. It is in the center of the Tremblant resort village in a pretty building. Their website is www.restaurantlesartistes.com.

RESTAURANT Q. Located in the elegant Quintessence boutique hotel,Q would be an excellent choice, both for atmosphere and food. It is technically outside the Tremblant pedestrian village, but just across the street from it and overlooks Lac Tremblant, a 7-mile long, mountain-surrounded natural Alpine lake.

The food and service have been excellent every time that I dined there. Atmosphere is elegantly rustic. Q is the recipient of Wine Spectator’s Award of Excellence, which is level 3 of 3. They have a beautiful wine bar with lots of natural stone, wood, comfortable chairs and a fireplace. It is a great place to go for a special meal. Check out photos and menu at: www.hotelquintessence.com.

AUBERGE PETITE CACHEE is a log cabin building about a mile from the pedestrian village. From the road, it looks more like a small inn than a restaurant. In fact, it is both. There is a very nice and fairly large bar area downstairs, with fireplace and even an alcove for smaller, more private gatherings. The very busy restaurant upstairs has two nice-sized rooms separated partially by a fireplace. Windows let in lots of natural light and the overall impression is very favorable. 

TIP: If you can, try to get a table with a view of the natural waterfall that is the Lac Tremblant source of the small Riviere Cachee. 

Website is www.petitecachee.com.

CHEVAL DE JADE. This restaurant is in downtown Mont Tremblant (formerly called the municipality of St-Jovite and often still called that by locals) and is consistently ranked among the top restaurants in the area. Cuisine is French/Quebecois. Duck is a speciality. Website is www.chevaldejade.com

I hope that this helps.

Baltimore, Maryland
Destination Expert
for North Conway
Level Contributor
12,082 posts
54 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Christmas Eve dinner at Mont Tremblant

Anytime I get a chance to recommend a nice restaurant, I suggest La Ripaille in St Jovite. It is family run fine dining french restaurant with a prix fixe menu. It is not the most expensive, just the most friendly and comfortable. Most everything is open on Christmas eve but you should definitely call any restaurant for a reservation. I will be going there for the 6th time this Xmas week for my birthday. (819) 425-5785 |

Boston...
Level Contributor
7 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Christmas Eve dinner at Mont Tremblant

Not to go too off-topic, but tylerarb (thanks for the list above!), do you have a suggestions for restaurants (along similar lines as the original post, no real budget & a good wine selection), but is also vegetarian friendly? Thanks in advance for what is seemingly your endless knowledge on the area!

Dearborn, Michigan
Destination Expert
for Mont Tremblant
Level Contributor
4,065 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Christmas Eve dinner at Mont Tremblant

Soundgarden, Thanks for the comment. I wish that I deserved it. I really am not familiar with any restaurant in the area that is exclusively vegetarian.

That said, several do feature vegetarian dishes on their menus from time to time and just about any of the better restaurants will be able to come up with vegetarian offerings from their standard menu. If given advance notice, they might do a better job of it. Though I like vegetables, I have never really looked for meatless dishes.

In the Tremblant resort village, PlusMinus (which I really like, once you get past the over the top menu descriptions) and CocoPazzo at least advertise they have have vegetarian dishes.

My best advice is to make some advance inquiries of the better restaurants--in the resort and nearby-- discussed on this forum. That way, you will increase your chances of getting something more than a salad and a double serving of boiled veggies.

Perhaps other posters have better ideas.

Boston...
Level Contributor
7 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Christmas Eve dinner at Mont Tremblant

Thanks for the suggestions! I will note both places. Most places are happy to accommodate, so hopefully it won't be an issue. Thanks again.

8. Re: Christmas Eve dinner at Mont Tremblant

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:27 am, September 13, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Mont Tremblant