We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting from Fernie to Whitefish, MT

Kelowna, Canada
2 posts
Save Topic
Getting from Fernie to Whitefish, MT

I was just wondering if there was any form of bus between Fernie and Whitefish in the states? I have looked on the Greyhound site and it suggests you go via Calgary, Vancouver and Seattle taking 2 days! No thanks! Any ideas are welcome!

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,777 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting from Fernie to Whitefish, MT

The Whitefish website has some options but all are tortuous-there is no direct route.

In theory a bus to Calgary-a flight to Spokane then the train to Whitefish would work.

Kelowna, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting from Fernie to Whitefish, MT

Thanks!! So frutsrating though, it should only be a 2 hour drive between the 2!

Abbotsford, Canada
Level Contributor
237 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting from Fernie to Whitefish, MT

Hello Hannah,

Looks like your best bet to get to Whitefish in the same day is by flying which is expensive. Alaska Air to Seattle from Calgary or Kelowna is $600. You could fly to Missoula on Delta(expedia round trip for $400) but then you would have to bus it 4-5hours.

Hope you find a good cheap way to get there.

Cheers

Chris

Sechelt, BC
Level Contributor
746 posts
58 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting from Fernie to Whitefish, MT

Another option is shuttle to Calgary:

www.airportshuttleexpress.com/Fernie.htm

And then I found a forum discussing travel from Calgary to Whitefish: tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g28947-i982-k28954…

Though you really are double tracking your route but you should talk to the shuttle company as something can maybe be worked out.

Rockies BC
Level Contributor
1,022 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Getting from Fernie to Whitefish, MT

Not sure I understand the issue? Why not just drive from Fernie to Whitefish? How are you getting to Fernie in the first place? Are you driving? Or are you flying to Calgary & then driving? Is the issue taking a rental car over the line?

6. Re: Getting from Fernie to Whitefish, MT

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet TripAdvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:17 pm, November 22, 2012
Fernie BC
Level Contributor
4 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Getting from Fernie to Whitefish, MT

One more to consider is www.fernierideboard.com - it's a website that people in and around Fernie use to share rides in the area. No guarantees that this will work but it may be worth posting a request.

When are you planning on traveling?

Will

Tourism Fernie

8. Re: Getting from Fernie to Whitefish, MT

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, June 27, 2011