We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Looking for Affordable

Alberta
Level Contributor
162 posts
28 reviews
Save Topic
Looking for Affordable

Monthly rental vacation home that is pet friendly with an ocean view. Anywhere on the Island is fine, except North Island. Where would be a good place to look for these types of accommodations. We are looking for something that is less than 4k a month. Can anyone suggest local area websites where people post ads for these types of accommodations? Any info would be appreciated, thanks!

4 replies to this topic
Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
61,643 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Looking for Affordable

www.vrbo.com would be worth a browse. Here is the link, opened to Sooke:

www.vrbo.com/search/keywords:Sooke,%20bc

I would avoid craigslist unless you are here on the ground to see it in person. Often too much nonsense going on with rentals on that site.

Jasper, Canada
Destination Expert
for Jasper, Jasper National Park, Canadian Rockies
Level Contributor
19,760 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Looking for Affordable

Forgive me for putting words in your mouth, Mufti, but I think by "too much nonsense", you mean the possibility of scams. (Just want to clarify for the OP.)

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
61,643 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Looking for Affordable

Thanks, krp. Yes exactly. It's about sometimes sending deposit money or even first month's rent, then arriving to find a gas station at that address. Or arriving to find an apartment fully tenanted. Just 6 months ago, an Australian posted to check on their Christmas Whistler arrangements through Craigslist. It turned out that the scammer had nothing to do with that condo but had taken their deposit. They were able to find out from the rental agency that the condo was fully booked on their dates. They did have success finding other accommodations but only because they posted on TA when they did.

Alberta
Level Contributor
162 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Looking for Affordable

Thank you so much for the information!

Reply to: Looking for Affordable
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted