We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

sooke by bus?

canada
Level Contributor
29 posts
Save Topic
sooke by bus?

Hi there,

My husband and I are going to be in Victoria for a few days (without a car) and were wondering if the public buses go to the sooke potholes? We are staying in downtown Victoria. Help?

THANKS!

BC, Canada
Level Contributor
73 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: sooke by bus?

The bus does not go all the way up to the potholes parking lot. You can take a bus to the foot of the turn off and walk in. It's a long walk but worth it in the end. I think you can get a single bus from downtown and ask the driver when to get off.

Sooke
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: sooke by bus?

It is a long bus ride from Victoria to Sooke (in a car it would take you about 40 mins to get there, on the bus close to 2 hours!). Plus there is only one bus per hour - so if you miss one you ahve another hour to wait for the next. If you are heading out to Sooke I would suggest renting a car (there are all the major car rental agencies on the Island - Budget, National, Thrifty etc) or going on an organised trip with an outdoor adventure company. Bottom line - by bus forget it!

Victoria BC
Level Contributor
170 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: sooke by bus?

Here is an alternative - rent bicycles and ride out the Galloping Goose trail. Search for Victoria BC bicycle rentals and you will find rental companies who can give you directions - the Goose is an old railroad right of way designed for cyclists and pedestrians so hills are not an issue. In fact if you do that you can continue past the potholes and find some private spots along the Sooke River. The riding time from Victoria should be less than riding the bus if it really takes two hours.