We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Summer Weather On Vancouver Island

Which Sooke hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Lancaster...
Level Contributor
54 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Summer Weather On Vancouver Island

Hello, I am planning a trip to VI summer 2008. Might anyone have an opinion on the best weather or any reaon whether it matters which summer month I would come. Thanks

Vancouver
Level Contributor
203 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Summer Weather On Vancouver Island

Will, if you can, Sept is my favourite month for travelling almost anywhere. June and July will have warmer temps but more crowds, longer line-ups. Kids are back in school in Sept and it has a different vibe than the summer months.

Vancouver Island is a large island but here are the Sept temps for Tofino:

theweathernetwork.com/statistics/…cabc0295

Lancaster...
Level Contributor
54 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Summer Weather On Vancouver Island

Thanks for the info - agree with you about traveling in Sept, however, my wife is a teacher so it will be June, July or August. Thank again!

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,259 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Summer Weather On Vancouver Island

It'll be cooler/less humid than the US east coast, June/July/August can all be cool/rainy or warm/sunny often on the same day.

For historic weather numbers try www.wunderground.com

Victoria, BC
Level Contributor
174 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Summer Weather On Vancouver Island

We live in Victoria and usually go camping on the island on our summer vacation. For the last few years, we've been taking the last 2 weeks of July off and have generally had really nice weather. As others have said though, the weather is pretty changable around here so come prepared for rain or sun.

5. Re: Summer Weather On Vancouver Island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:23 am, September 02, 2009