We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hay Island Lodge

New York
2 posts
Save Topic
Hay Island Lodge

Dear Amanda:

Thanks for replying - this forum is not so user 'friendly' so I could post under your reply. Anyhow, thank you.

In my mom's (Elsie's) album I only have a pix of two little girls from Annie - it is sad that I do not know your father's name or your mom's married name. I think it was Tom but I could be wrong. The pix my mom has were from Sylvia's wedding to Larry. After uncle Karlis died, despite my phone girls to my tante Mary, no one ever called back. I remember Jeffrey and Ilga and Franz from Chicago, but I don't even remember the name of Jeffrey's sister. We still have a postcard of the lodge which has Duksie (a part collie) in front.

I loved the island - best years of my childhood - frogs, toads, fishing off the dock catching rock bass, perch. sun fish, watching my cousins jump off the boat house roof, uncle Karlis protecting us from the snakes, my mom tellng stories to all of us, the kids' cottage- just off the main lodge and past the outshouse -- so many good memories. Also having 'smores'. And I remember Tante Mary's tiger lilies outside the main house. And I remember the Webbs. And the blind professor who had the siamese cat. Just so many memories.

GananoqueON
Level Contributor
5 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hay Island Lodge

my email is cmandr@hotmail.com. Please write

2. Re: Hay Island Lodge

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 am, August 18, 2009