We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How to get from Kingston to Gananoque?

Which Gananoque hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Tucson, AZ
1 post
Save Topic
How to get from Kingston to Gananoque?

On Sunday, July 18 2010 we will be arriving in Kingston on VIA Rail Canada around noon. From reading these forums it sounds as if we will need to take a taxi from Kingston to Gananoque - is that correct? Does anyone know the fare? Is renting a car cheaper? Is it easy to find a taxi / car rental on Sunday afternoon?

THANKS for all you help! It's our first trip to Canada and we are planning 12 days in Toronto, Montreal and in-between!

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
3,689 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How to get from Kingston to Gananoque?

I would think you'd need to call one of the taxi company's to find out what the rate to Gananoque would likely be. There are several company's in town, but here's a link to one of them http://www.ameystaxi.com/ . Finding a taxi won't be hard - there's a taxi stand at the station with cars lined up to meet incoming trains.

I would think renting a car would definitely be the easiest and cheapest option. The only difficulty you may find is that not all car rental companies are open on Sunday. i think the nearest one to the train station that is open on Sunday is Avis, but you can check all of the brands.

ktown

Edited: 7:50 am, July 06, 2010
2. Re: How to get from Kingston to Gananoque?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, January 03, 2011