We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Boating thru 1000 islands...How to find hotels?

Which Gananoque hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Edmonton
Level Contributor
33 posts
89 reviews
Save Topic
Boating thru 1000 islands...How to find hotels?

We plan to take our 20' ski boat to 1000 islands next summer and spend 5 days there. Is it easy to launch, boat to various islands during the day, and then find accommodation easily each night, without making reservations? As we don't know how far we will get each day, it's difficult to plan ahead. Are there usually lots of hotels/cabins/accommodations available?

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
72,532 posts
86 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Boating thru 1000 islands...How to find hotels?

Hi sierrasue50;

I would suggest contacting the various tourism information centres and request a boating/tourism guide. The 1000 Islands are very busy during the summer months…I would strongly suggest reservations.

www.1000islandsgananoque.com

www.visit1000islands.com/

www.1000islandsinfo.com/

Have a look at the traveler article “Gananoque – Marinas & Docking” here on TA for facilities in the general area.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g182143-c88439/Ganano…

Best Regards

Edmonton
Level Contributor
33 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Boating thru 1000 islands...How to find hotels?

I appreciate your comments, and will check out the links. I was hoping we wouldn't have to make reservations ahead of time, because at this point we have no idea where we'll be each night. But thanks:)

Maybe we should look at going off-season (June?)

3. Re: Boating thru 1000 islands...How to find hotels?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:19 pm, October 07, 2009