We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Getting around Ko Muk

Which Ko Muk hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
276 posts
39 reviews
Save Topic
Getting around Ko Muk

Can anyone tell me if there are roads on Ko Muk and can scooters be hired to get around on? I'm staying at Charlies but fancy having a wonder around the island, is it easy enough to walk around i.e. are there obvious paths? How long would it take to walk from Charlies on Farang beach to Sivalai or is it best to take a longtail?

Thanks,

Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
132 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Getting around Ko Muk

cooters are readily available for rent.

There is no need to take a longtail around the Island as there are also motorcycle taxis (side car), You will find the motorcycle taxis parked near Charlies entrance or very nearby. You can also hail them as they pass. They will have small signs on the front.

A walk can be done from one side to the other in appx 30mins but I would recommend the motorcycle taxi or self drive scooter. The walk ib the sun can be demanding even to a local.

There road is concrete through the village area and its a pathway/track from the edge of the village up to Charlie's.

A small shortcut can be undertaken to Sivalai by walking through the school yard which leads into Sivalai or if you want you can walk on the path to the right of the school gate which will bring you to Pawapi resort and you can walk along the beach.

Koh Mook is a very small and very friendly Island which I am sure you will enjoy immensely..

Edited: 1:37 am, December 03, 2012
Bangkok, Thailand
Level Contributor
132 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Getting around Ko Muk

Almost forgot to add you can walk along the beach to the right of the pier to Sivalai also. You can drive on the beach with a small motorcycle if the tide is out. The path through the school is the best.

Cheshire, United...
Level Contributor
276 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Getting around Ko Muk

Jordanlover Thank you for the info :-) Can you tell me which of the nearby islands is worth a visit? How long to get to Koh Ngai, and is it easy to hire a longtail to get there.

Thanks,

BA

leeds
4 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Getting around Ko Muk

Easy to walk to one end of island to the other, dark at night as it's still quite poorly lit but there is a decent road all over the island.

There aren't any cars but lots of motor bike with side cars for taxi.

It's easy to walk to explore the island, I think hiring a motorbike would be a waste of time and money.

Go see Om at ting tong bar near Charlie resort he owns the place and he'll help you in any way needed. The bar always has hired foreigners who also know the island very well.

5. Re: Getting around Ko Muk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:17 am, December 23, 2016
Get answers to your questions about Ko Muk
More Ko Muk Topics