We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best places to camp near okotoks/calgary

calgary
Level Contributor
114 posts
Save Topic
best places to camp near okotoks/calgary

we just bought a tent trailer and would like to find those hidden treasures near home .

Calgary, Alberta...
Level Contributor
3,855 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best places to camp near okotoks/calgary

This is maybe a little further out than you were thinking, but it's still very feasible to get there from Calgary, and it's a neat place. It's Chain Lakes Provincial Park, 38 km southwest of Nanton on Hwy #533.

Calgary, Canada
Destination Expert
for Waterton Lakes National Park, Nelson
Level Contributor
2,682 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best places to camp near okotoks/calgary

Willow Creek Provincial Park, west of Stavely is my favorite spot. They got wiped out last year in the floods, and they are just starting to rebuild it this year, but keep it in mind for next year.

Little Bow Prov Park, east of Champion

Bow Valley Prov Park, by Dead Man's Flats

Livingstone Falls Prov Park, it's in the middle of nowhere, and that's what I love about it. You go south on highway #22, to the Maycroft turnoff. There are signs there to direct you. From there, it's another 30 minutes or so to the campground. There are lots of great spots out in that area, actually.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
5,617 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best places to camp near okotoks/calgary

Shocking I didn't know sweet little Okotoks had a forum until today. Many moons ago we stayed at Blue Rock Campgrounds which are in a very unknown part of Kananaskis past Turner Valley and all that. I don't believe there are any hook ups or anything like that. But it is nice and quiet.

There is Little Bow Provincial Park not far away either.

Happy camping. I love it!

4. Re: best places to camp near okotoks/calgary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:19 pm, August 15, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Okotoks
More Okotoks Topics