We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Caravan tours Canadian rockies

Which 108 Mile Ranch hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
tel-aviv Israel
2 posts
Save Topic
Caravan tours Canadian rockies

Can any one comment on this tour? how are the hotels etc. we have not found any comments , it sounds good and is lless expensive then others/ is tere anyone woh has been on it?

thank you.

Moose Jaw, Canada
Level Contributor
302 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Caravan tours Canadian rockies

Could you give me the link to the tour? Then I can look it up and give you some feedback.

seattle
Destination Expert
for Seattle
Level Contributor
18,808 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Caravan tours Canadian rockies

I'm a tour guide so know of Caravan. They are a budget company. In Banff the hotel is right downtown and so is the Jasper Inn. I don't understand the logic of driving back to the US instead of spending all the time in the park. Look at the itinerary for Collettevacations.com or for Jetsave, Trafalgar, Brennan or Cosmos to give you a comparison. No meals seem to be included and I can tell you that you will spend a lot in both Banff and Jasper on dining. Other than that it seems they are covering the high points but just don't like the idea of going to the Rockies then driving to Whitefish Montana.

USA
11 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Caravan tours Canadian rockies

I'd like to know travel experts opinion of club abc tour groups and Brewster Tours? Thanks. Mimi1

TALLAHASSEE, FL
Level Contributor
16 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Caravan tours Canadian rockies

I looked at Collete Vacations and they offer virtually the same tour but they start at $200 more and could go as high as $600 more. It could be they have a little better hotel accommodations but I cant tell from the web site because unlike Caravan they don't list the names of the hotels. I'm planning on taking the Caravan tour in summer of '08.

If you do the math (which I did, looking up and pricing the individual hotels) I think the tour is reasonably priced.

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
11,360 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Caravan tours Canadian rockies

I just looked at both tours out of curiosity.. one thing to note for those coming from the US.. the Collette tour includes airfare from Seattle..at least that is what it appears online.. whereas the Caravan tour is from Calgary ... often it is much more expensive to fly into Canada from a US destination.. so you may want to check your airfare and factor that in. I haven't used either tour ( live here and drive ourselves) but was interested to read about the difference.. also seems the Caravan tour backtracks.. am sure they both have positive and negatives..

Maryland
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Caravan tours Canadian rockies

We're thinking of taking the Caravan Tour to Glacier Nat'l Park, Banff, and up to Jasper. Did you like your tour?

Connecticut
Level Contributor
237 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Caravan tours Canadian rockies

I am also interested in Caravan's Canadian Rockies and Glacier National Park tour. What made me interested in this tour is the fact that it includes the Going-to-the-Sun Road with the Rockies tour. Anyone been on this tour - what were the pros and cons?

Port Moody, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver, British Columbia
Level Contributor
11,360 posts
138 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Caravan tours Canadian rockies

Suggest you start a new post/thread with this question..many people will only look at first or second posting and see that this is 4 years old! Also try sending a personal message to the original poster asking about their experience. ( click on their name then their profile will come up and you can send them an email direct through TA.

Maryland
Level Contributor
13 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Caravan tours Canadian rockies

I have heard excellent reports about Caravan tours. Someone wrote that the busses and guides were the same as Tauck, but the hotels are less posh, and you get fewer meals.

I think the itinerary is great. We're going in July -the only negative was the cost of airfare to Calgary.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
237 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Caravan tours Canadian rockies

Thanks for the suggestion re. starting a new thread. Actually, I posted my question on the Alberta forum as well and got one reply. I might start a new thread on this forum as well.

Good to know that Caravan has a good reputation. I'd be curious to hear about your tour in June.

Get answers to your questions about 108 Mile Ranch