We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best way to get to Campbell River...

Which Campbell River hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Gilbert, Arizona
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Best way to get to Campbell River...

My father lives on a boat at the Campbell River during the summer...My husband and I are planning a trip in July 2007, leaving from Phoenix, AZ.

What is the best route/way to get to the Campbell River? Not sure if we should fly into Seattle, rent a car and take the ferry system or fly into Vancouver and shuttle from there. Or if there is a better way to get there. Open to all suggestions...thanks!

Kamloops, BC...
Level Contributor
9,743 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Best way to get to Campbell River...

When I'm in our home in the US and need to get back to BC, I fly into Seattle and rent a car from there. It's much cheaper than flying and renting in Vancouver. In your position, I first would ask dad what he would prefer I do, but failing that, fly into SeaTac and rent the car there.

Gilbert, Arizona
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best way to get to Campbell River...

Thanks for the suggestion 1BC Traveler...my Dad makes the drive every year to BC ...we don't have enough time to do that.

Thanks again

North Vancouver...
Level Contributor
1,175 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best way to get to Campbell River...

If you can fly to Victoria or Nanaimo you will save waiting time and costs for the ferry to Vancouver Island -- from Victoria the drive takes 3.5 hours; from Nanaimo it's only about 2 hours.

Comox,British...
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
1,430 posts
295 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Best way to get to Campbell River...

The easiest in my opinion is to fly to Vancouver.Then take what we locals call the puddle jumper .Pacific Coastal airline from Vancouver Airport to Campbell River airport.The cost is usually $79.00 one way and is aprox 25 min. flight.Have done it many times and it is convenient.

www.pacificcoastal.com

Qualicum Beach...
Level Contributor
35 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Best way to get to Campbell River...

Helijet flies direct from Seattle to Campbell River (also from Vancouver, Victoria I believe)

patrickwalshe@shaw.ca biologist

Comox,British...
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
1,430 posts
295 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Best way to get to Campbell River...

Helijet no longer flies from seattle to Campbell river

7. Re: Best way to get to Campbell River...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 pm, August 23, 2009