We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Manning Provincial Park

Coventry, United...
Level Contributor
91 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Manning Provincial Park

Is there a charge for entering the Park - I bought a parks pass in 2003 while on holiday in the Rockies for Banff & Jasper parks, will I need to do this again for Manning Provincial Park?

Thanks

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
8,040 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Manning Provincial Park

No you will not, although they do charge a minimal fee for parking in certain areas. I stopped off at Lightning Lakes to go for a quick hike on my drive back to Vancouver from Kelowna last August. There were parking ticket dispensers in the parking lot... I think it cost us $4 to park all day, although we only stayed there for a few hours.

Kamloops, Canada
Level Contributor
582 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Manning Provincial Park

Banff, Lake Louise and Jasper are Canadian National Parks and require fees to enter. Manning Park is a BC provincial park. Eventhough you do not have to pay to enter the park costs are starting to creep in for certain things(like parking). This is one of BC's oldest parks and quite unique as it has coastal influences(western portion) dry interior influences(eastern portion) and high alpine meadows.

…gov.bc.ca/bcparks/…manning.htm

One of my favorite parks in BC, if you visit in the summer do go up to the alpine to see the flowers.

Depending on where you start from, it is about a three and a half hour drive from Vancouver and very popular place to visit by most of the people from Vancouver.

Hope you have a great visit.