We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Kamploops to Castlegar

Victoria BC
Level Contributor
13 posts
8 reviews
Save Topic
Kamploops to Castlegar

I dont know where else to post this as Nelson seems to be the only forum closest to the area we are going to. We are driving next Monday from Kamloops down to Castlegar and probably going to stay in either Crawford Bay or Balfour, and ride some of the ferries around there. What are the best places to stay in Balfour and Crawford Bay???? Any info on the Balfour Beach Inn??? Their website hasent been working for the past few months. Is the Crawford Bay Inn Motel any good??? We had looked at the Kokanee Lodge but it is a bit more expensive. I dont want to stay in a dumpy Motel though.

Ferry viewing, any good areas around Balfour and the Harrop/ Procter side??

I am coming up from the coast to ride and photograph some the inland ferries mainly the Shelter Bay, Kootenay Lake, Harrop/Procter and maybe the Glade Ferries I will be travelling on. What is on the other side of the Glade Ferry??? Anything?

Info would be much appreciated!

Alpha Centauri
Level Contributor
785 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Kamploops to Castlegar

I always stay at The Mountain Hound Inn in Nelson for many reasons, nice, clean, affordable. Ainsworth Hot Springs Resort on the Kootenay Lake looks nice, never stayed there, and the Blalock Inn mansion, also on the lake looks lovely too. Further north the town of Kaslo is a restored old mining town, worth a visit, and has several nice places to eat and stay. Try www.discovernelson.com and www.nelsonbc.ca and www.britishcolumbia.com for more info of the area. And Enjoy--I will be there next week myself!

2. Re: Kamploops to Castlegar

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 pm, September 12, 2009