We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bed Bugs at Pacific Shores Resort and Spa!!

Victoria
2 posts
Save Topic
Bed Bugs at Pacific Shores Resort and Spa!!

We stayed at Pacific Shores Resort and Spa recently to recieve 50 bed bug bites in 2 nights (on one person). The infestation was confirmed by a pest management company. The owners/management treated us terribly and will still not compensate us for our losses. The room was sprayed with pesticides (which really doesn't solve the problem) and then the room was rented out the next night to another unsuspecting family who very well could have brought these nasty bugs back home with them!!! DO NOT stay at Pacific Shores Resort and Spa or any other AviaWest Resort. You will regret it!!!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
26,693 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bed Bugs at Pacific Shores Resort and Spa!!

How awful. I would follow this up with a complaint to the local Chamber of Commerce, and you may even want to contact the regional health district. I would think that the health unit may want to do a formal inspection if that's the case.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
74,019 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bed Bugs at Pacific Shores Resort and Spa!!

Hi sunfire101;

As a new user of TripAdvisor, you may not realize that the forums are for travel related discussions, not for hotel reviews.

tripadvisor.com/help/what_the_forums_are_not

Please take a moment and write a review of the resort. Many more people read the reviews than the forums when researching accommodations.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g499156-d185858…

Best Regards

Victoria
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Bed Bugs at Pacific Shores Resort and Spa!!

We did contact the health dept and they said that all they could do was call the resort to see what they did to treat the problem. The resort said they sprayed the room and assured the health dept is was taken care of. When I spoke with the health dept after that, they were very aware that one spray of the room wouldn't resolve the infestation, but they cannot do anything about it. I am disgusted by this reponse as I know that the family before us had a baby, as they left nail clippers behind, and it bothers me that this family probably brought them home with them and may not even know they have a problem. My mom who was bit 50 times had no idea they were bed bug bites until I looked at them and identified them. She thought they were mosquitoes. I think it is sad that there is nothing that can be done to contact all the people before us to let them know. These bugs can lay up to 5 eggs a day each. It doesn't take long to have a major problem!!

Thanks so much for your reponse. I will try your other suggestion.

4. Re: Bed Bugs at Pacific Shores Resort and Spa!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:19 am, January 14, 2010