We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to dine in/near Sidney

Vancouver, BC...
Level Contributor
30 posts
50 reviews
Save Topic
Where to dine in/near Sidney

Staying at the Sidney Pier next week (birthday celebration). Could anyone make dining recommendations?

If it helps to narrow it down, I live in Vancouver and some of my favourite Vancouver restaurants include: West, Shiru-Bay Izakaya, and Bishop's.

BTW, I will have a car, so getting around won't be an issue.

Thanks!

Mentioned in this post
The Sidney Pier Hotel & Spa
The Sidney Pier Hotel...
533 Reviews
Vancouver Island, Canada
Bishop's
Bishop's
342 Reviews
Vancouver, Canada
Vancouver
Vancouver
British Columbia, Canada
Comox,British...
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
1,545 posts
382 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to dine in/near Sidney

Stayed at the Pier a few weeks ago and ate at Haro's in the hotel it was fantastic.Also just down the street is Sabhai Thai,great food,very nice owners and busy.Reservations reccommended.

I have tried a couple of others in the area,these two are worth a try.

3rd Street Cafe is good for breakfast in the morning

Mentioned in this post
The Sidney Pier Hotel...
533 Reviews
Vancouver Island, Canada
Sabhai Thai
Sabhai Thai
146 Reviews
Vancouver Island, Canada
Comox,British...
Destination Expert
for Victoria
Level Contributor
1,545 posts
382 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Where to dine in/near Sidney

Should add to this post.Although I have not eaten there I have heard only very good things about Deep Cove Chalet www.deepcovechalet.com

About a 10 minute drive

Mentioned in this post
Deep Cove Chalet
Deep Cove Chalet
252 Reviews
Vancouver Island, Canada
Sidney BC Canada
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: Where to dine in/near Sidney

A warm and friendly welcome awaits you in Sidney. The Sidney Pier Hotel and Spa has it's own beautiful waterfront dining, it is called the Haro's Restaurant. Another restaurant that I definitely would recommend is the Bistol Swiss, it is 2 mutes from the hotel.

We have others that include Thai, Greek,Chines and Mexican.

The concierge at the hotel is a character with lot's of local knowledge his name is Kenny (he is also the local Town Crier), no visit is complete unless you meet him.

Mentioned in this post
The Sidney Pier Hotel...
533 Reviews
Vancouver Island, Canada
Sidney
Sidney
Vancouver Island, Canada
Various
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Where to dine in/near Sidney

Considering the population here is "newly wed or nearly dead", Sidney has a surprising number of good restaurants.

Sabhai Thai is excellent. I'm going to Thailand for the first time this winter so I can't speak for authenticity but I'm a Seattle-born Thai food lover so I'm fairly picky.

Maria's is the best of the Greek food. For some reason there are half a dozen greek restaurants in town. Maria's is casual/low key (order at counter, delivered to table) but the souvlaki and the calamari are excellent.

3rd Street Cafe - Have the Eggs Benedict (or the special benedict of the day).

Stonestreet Cafe is one of the better coffee shops. I'm forgetting the name of our other favorite so I'll come back with it.

The one sushi place in town (forgetting name as well) is solid. Not excellent, but if you aren't from a coast you will think it is excellent.

There are several places right on the water by the marina where the food is OK and the views are excellent. Great places for beer.

The new condo megastructure has a snazzy bar where you can get good wine and appetizers for slightly too much but in a great location/ambience. Captains (on the waterfront) has quite good fish sandwiches (not fried, halibut-wasabi as an example).

If you (and I know that the OP isn't coming in the summer, but these posts tend to be found by others searching later) come during the summer, the Thursday night market downtown is excellent. Get in line early for the salmon burgers which were caught that day locally.

Mentioned in this post
Sabhai Thai
Sabhai Thai
146 Reviews
Vancouver Island, Canada
Sidney
Sidney
Vancouver Island, Canada
Seattle
Seattle
Washington
5. Re: Where to dine in/near Sidney

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:26 am, September 13, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Sidney
More Sidney Topics