We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best mode of travel

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
14 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Best mode of travel

I'll be flying into Victoria for a few days attending a conference, then off to Squamish for a training camp - is there anyone that can advise the best way to travel from Victoriia to Squamish?

Also what is the closest airport to Squamish?

I'd appreciate your feedback...thanks!!

Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,688 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Best mode of travel

There is a small airport near Squamish but your best bet is to take a bus Victoria-Vancouver-Squamish.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
92 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Best mode of travel

You might look at renting a car in Victoria and then taking one of two routes: (1) Ferry from Victoria to Tsawwassen and drive through Vancouver to Squamish; (2) Drive from Victoria to Nanaimo and take the ferry to Horseshoe Bay, then drive up to Squamish (possibly and easier & quicker trip, as you avoid having to drive through Vancouver, and also likely a prettier one, although I haven't driven the Island highway in years so could be wrong).

I'm also thinking that you will probably want a rental car in Squamish as the town is quite spread out and I'm not sure how efficient local transit is. Particularly if you have any extra time and want to explore Whistler, etc.

To head home you would need to fly out of Vancouver or possibly Victoria (but that would mean a return ferry trip that is probably unnecessary).

3. Re: Best mode of travel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:17 pm, August 29, 2009