We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Need some advice

Boston...
Level Contributor
1,606 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Need some advice

Is this a doable intinerary? My sister and her friend would like to take the CAT ferry out of Portland to Yarmouth. They have a 2 day special advertised. They would really like to see the Cabot Trail and I do not know whether it is possible.

Does anyone know if there are any tour companies that would do a day trip from Yarmouth along the Cabot Trail (or a portion of)? Local taxis out of Yarmouth that might do this? Any other suggestions?

Another option might be going to Halifax from Yarmouth and spending a night there. Again, do not know if this is a doable option.

I would appreciate any suggestions from you experts.

An alternative might be taking the CAT from Bar Harbor but think this would only cut the ferry ride in half. Going from Portland would be closer from their home base.

Thanks so much.

May

Mentioned in this post
Yarmouth
Yarmouth
Southwest Nova Scotia, Canada
Halifax
Halifax
Halifax Region, Canada
Bar Harbor
Bar Harbor
Mount Desert Island, ME
Boston...
Level Contributor
1,606 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Need some advice

oneeyedlove, your 2 cents Canadian advice is also much appreciated. Driving might be a viable option also and I will look up some driving directions to see how long it would take.

I do agree w/ others that you are at the mercy of the CAT as far as days and times. Driving would afford the flexibility to see and do things at a more leisurely pace.

I will pass this new info along to my sister.

May

12. Re: Need some advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, January 28, 2010