We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Retro Suites

Cleveland
4 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Retro Suites

Has anyone stayed at the Retro Suites in Chatham?

Chatham, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Cruises
Level Contributor
5,164 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Retro Suites

I live in Chatham, and therefore haven't stayed there. The Retro Suites website shows an accurate photo of the facade. What isn't evident is this entrance is on a charming alley, while the building fronts on the main street, and the rear room views beyond the alley will be of a parking lot for the adjacent mall. That said, I'd prefer to stay there to any other local choice, except possibly some of the local B&B's. Travelodge and Comfort Inn are indifferent cookie cutter chains, not convenient to anything. The Wheels has great children's activities/pools but the rooms are unspeakably bad - dirty as well as shabby. Retro Suites has a great local - a stone throw to the river walk, near the cinema, some OK restaurants in the area. If you're coming by car, make a reservation for dinner at Stargazer's on the Thames, a couple miles out of town on the river - best restaurant this side of Toronto. If you're lucky, the 'phone directory in your room will still have a "free entree" coupon for Stargazers at the back!

Chatham, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Cruises
Level Contributor
5,164 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Retro Suites

I live in Chatham, and therefore haven't stayed there. The Retro Suites website shows an accurate photo of the facade. What isn't evident is this entrance is on a charming alley, while the building fronts on the main street, and the rear room views beyond the alley will be of a parking lot for the adjacent mall. That said, I'd prefer to stay there to any other local choice, except possibly some of the local B&B's. Travelodge and Comfort Inn are indifferent cookie cutter chains, not convenient to anything. The Wheels has great children's activities/pools but the rooms are unspeakably bad - dirty as well as shabby. Retro Suites has a great local - a stone throw to the river walk, near the cinema, some OK restaurants in the area. If you're coming by car, make a reservation for dinner at Stargazer's on the Thames, a couple miles out of town on the river - best restaurant this side of Toronto. If you're lucky, the 'phone directory in your room will still have a "free entree" coupon for Stargazers at the back!

Ont
Level Contributor
477 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Retro Suites

saw it on the morning show last week, nice looking rooms but I thought pricey for the area. Looked very nice though. As for other hotels in Chatham, Travelodge is always clean but yes just a normal chain.

Switzerland
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Retro Suites

Am writing this from a room in the retro suites. Room is awesomely decorated (suite is called blast) and large, plus the bathroom has the best shower. The whole place is extremely clean, I think the part of the hotel we are in is brand new.

The staff was particularly charming and caring.

The room cost us 99$. We've been travelling around the us and canada for a few weeks now and this is by far the best value for the money we have had.

5. Re: Retro Suites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, August 14, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Chatham
Recent Conversations
More Chatham Topics