We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Elvis Festival 2013

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
76 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Elvis Festival 2013

I have never been to the Elvis festival and would like to visit this year. Can anyone advise what is the best place to book for accomodation - somewhere where driving would be minimal to the events as I would imagine parking would be a nightmare not to mention cost for parking astronomical. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I have no idea how this event takes place i.e. one location, on the street etc. Thanks

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
15,181 posts
787 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Elvis Festival 2013

Best thing to do is to find out exactly where the event is located and search for hotels near the venue....collingwood is quite small, so there probably wouldn't be the farthest of drives, I think you will just have to worry about occupancy issues...

Toronto, Canada
Destination Expert
for Family Travel, Honeymoons and Romance
Level Contributor
29,282 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Elvis Festival 2013

Try this site:

http://www.collingwoodelvisfestival.com

Lots of good info to help you make a choice...........

Edited: 6:09 pm, January 24, 2013
Collingwood, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Elvis Festival 2013

Try this site for accommodation choices.

Http://www.visitsouthgeorgianbay.ca

Check out this site for local weather information

http://www.weathercollingwood.com

Burlington, Canada
Level Contributor
2,564 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Elvis Festival 2013

There are many cottage rentals in the area as well so that is also an option you can try. If you Google "Collingwood cottages for rent" you will get quite a few websites. Some of these are rented privately by the owner and other websites broker the cottages for the owner. All of the websites show photos and list amenties of the cottage and price. You may find something you like.

Mentioned in this post
Collingwood
Collingwood
Ontario, Canada
Toronto, Canada
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Elvis Festival 2013

Days Inn and Holiday Inn Express are the closest hotels to all the Elvis venues but you have to book them by now to get a room. You need to carry your own folding chairs and parking can be found all over the city either free or for a minimal cost. It's about a 10 -15 min walk from the Hotel's to the venues which are usually all along the Main Street.

Its a fantastic experience, have a great time

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
28 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Elvis Festival 2013

I will be with my RV. Any chance of camping in the city?

7. Re: Elvis Festival 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12:47 pm, March 21, 2013
SE Ontario
Level Contributor
23,007 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Elvis Festival 2013

ElizabethT - I suggest you read the guidelines on contributing - especially those concerning advertising and solicitation - you are in violation of them.

tripadvisor.com/help/what_are_the_guidelines…

9. Re: Elvis Festival 2013

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 12:47 pm, March 21, 2013
SE Ontario
Level Contributor
23,007 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Elvis Festival 2013

You may delete your own post, by clicking on the "report inappropriate content" link (under Reply), and then click on "remove my post"

Thanks for your cooperation!

Get answers to your questions about Collingwood