We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Huntsville / Muskoka Lakes for Couples

Which Huntsville hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leicester, UK
1 post
Save Topic
Huntsville / Muskoka Lakes for Couples

Does anyone know which resort would be best for a couple in this region. We're visiting in the autumn and while we love doing outdoor stuff like swimming and canoeing, most of the resorts are really geared up for families. I know there are some "couples only" resorts but am wary that they might be a bit over the top and too slushy. Anyone got any suggestions for a good half way house that isn't too child oriented and has a good selection of activities?

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
914 posts
178 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Huntsville / Muskoka Lakes for Couples

First off, you'll be lucky if you can do any swimming in Autumn -- getting a tad cool for that. For activities try one of the bigger places such as Deerhurst. For a great romantic getaway try the Inn at the Falls in Bracebridge

Hamilton, ON
Level Contributor
942 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Huntsville / Muskoka Lakes for Couples

I stumbled across some resort the other day on the shores of Algonquin (sp?) I think it was called "The Bear Trail". It was a couple all inclusive and it looked lovely.

Whitby, Ontario
Level Contributor
3 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Huntsville / Muskoka Lakes for Couples

I highly recommend "Bear Trail Inn" if you want a couples only retreat in a great setting. My wife and I stayed one night there last year during a road trip. Small cottages are avialable with hot tub overlooking the lake, awsome meals that you can have in your room if you wish (no extra cost) and a great setting with activities if you wish.

Whitby, Ontario
Level Contributor
3 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Huntsville / Muskoka Lakes for Couples

I highly recommend "Bear Trail Inn" if you want a couples only retreat in a great setting. My wife and I stayed one night there last year during a road trip. Small cottages are avialable with hot tub overlooking the lake, awsome meals that you can have in your room if you wish (no extra cost) and a great setting with activities if you wish.

Whitby, Ontario
Level Contributor
3 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Huntsville / Muskoka Lakes for Couples

I highly recommend "Bear Trail Inn" if you want a couples only retreat in a great setting. My wife and I stayed one night there last year during a road trip. Small cottages are avialable with hot tub overlooking the lake, fireplace in the bedroom, awsome meals that you can have in your room if you wish (no extra cost) and a great setting with activities.

CottageCountry
2 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Huntsville / Muskoka Lakes for Couples

You can try some of the smaller cottage resort properties where you have flexibility to plan your own meals and explore at your own pace. During the Fall most families are travelling on weekends as the children are back at school.

Try a search for Colonial Bay Cottages, Foxwood Cottages and Beauview Cottages. You may find a jewel!

7. Re: Huntsville / Muskoka Lakes for Couples

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:18 pm, August 15, 2009