We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

three guys and a stove

Level Contributor
23 posts
36 reviews
Save Topic
three guys and a stove

Just been to hunstville and wanted to recommend this restaurant 'three guys and a stove' its great. I think the owner is on television as a chef in canada.We also went to a pub called 'Mussoka on the rocks' which was probably good if you are not veggie like me. We loved Hunstville and stayed by fairy lake. The National Park is not far away ot costs $1o a day for a permit. you get excellent information from the visitor centres on the location of trails etc. unfortunately we did not see any moose but you can read about them in the visitors centre.

Canada
Level Contributor
18 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: three guys and a stove

We finally stopped at Three Guys and a Stove last weekend. We enjoyed our meal, but were not impressed with the stmosphere (20 flies buzzing around our head, and an old needs to be updated decor) or the service (waiter didn't seem to notice that my fiance's glass had been emptied at the beginning of the meal). Again the food was great but food alone does not contribute to the overall dining experience!

Whistler
Level Contributor
82 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: three guys and a stove

you must be from the city where "flies and bugs" don't exist. Maybe the 3 guys should spray toxic insect repellent around your table while you eat?...c'mon let's chill out a little, when in rome......

as for the decor it is meant to be rustic with lots of colour.

And i agree the food is wonderful. Chef Suddaby has created some flavourful food. The lamb medallions are to die for.

Keep up the great work 3 guys!

Canada
Level Contributor
18 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: three guys and a stove

Wow . . . that was pretty harsh. I'd expect bugs when I am camping and eating my dinner. But I think that when you are paying good money for a meal in a top quality restaurant, you should not have to deal with a swarm of flies eating with you.

Derbyshire, United...
Level Contributor
209 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: three guys and a stove

I also enjoyed a meal at Three Guys and A Stove a couple of years ago. I also had the book by Jeff, the TV chef. He signed it too and I have made many of the recipes since, which are often an unusual mix of flavours. I hope to visit again on my next trip to the Lake of Bays from England.

Algonquin Park in the Fall was just beautiful but like you I did not see any moose and had to wait for that until last September when I went to Newfoundland!

Toronto
Level Contributor
93 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: three guys and a stove

We are a family of 5 staying at Deerhurst resort this Sunday for 2 nights. How far away is it to the 3 guys 7 a stove restaurant? Direct

ions?

Canada
Level Contributor
18 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: three guys and a stove

Just wanted to mention that I have been to the Three Guys twice since my last post and I am happy to say I loved it. The excellent food is now accompanied by a newly updated decor and much better service. I even held my wedding rehearsal dinner there with rave reviews from all guests. Just goes to show that a first impression shouldn't always be a lasting one!

Three guys is not too far from Deerhurst . . I think a 15 minute drive?

Carleton Place
1 post
Save Reply
7. Re: three guys and a stove

Ate two weekends ago at this restaurant. Food is expensive, tasty, well-presented and interesting. Ate a second supper there. They are the only good restaurant in the area and they know it. Hostess and serving staff are aloof and unfriendly. Found dead fly in Caesar salad at second supper and was offered a roll with no apology and they proceeded to charge for the salad! They need some competition!

Sepha

Kelowna, Canada
Level Contributor
917 posts
187 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: three guys and a stove

Actually there is plenty of competition just by going to one of several excellent restaurants at nearby resorts. Deerhurst is only a few minutes away, for instance.

CAN
Level Contributor
20,770 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: three guys and a stove

The Holiday Inn in Huntsville puts on a decent fare imo.

One of the best meals I've eaten in the area was at the quaint Killarney Inn. Special place. Enjoy

Toledo, OH
Level Contributor
4 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: three guys and a stove

Another cute stop just outside the park on the Huntsville side is The Paddle Inn. It looks fairly "rustic" from the Hwy., but their food is very good. We once took out from a canoe trip in the interior and it was Thanksgiving--they seated us in an already crowded dining room, lighted candles, and served us with no reservations. Always fresh wild blueberry pancakes in season. Friendly staff and even a bear out in back on one trip! We love it--

Shelley--Toledo, OH