We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishermans cove campground

Which Kincardine hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Topic
Fishermans cove campground

Hi!

We have a campsite booked at fishermans cove for the long weekend at the end of July. I'm just looking opinions on the place. Also what to do in the area.

Thanks

Rich

6 replies to this topic
Kitchener, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishermans cove campground

we are leaving friday and staying at the same place. we are bringing three small children - any advice before we leave?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
16 posts
51 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishermans cove campground

I haven't been personally but I have heard only good things about the place as a local.

Orangeville, Canada
Level Contributor
1 post
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fishermans cove campground

wondering if there is any feedback about the resort - even from the people who posted above?

We are thinking of going- have never been....word of mouth is always best. We are thinking Trailer rental. Have a 7year old and a 4 year old.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
13,856 posts
48 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fishermans cove campground

Hi Kimthemomma,

Welcome to the KINCARDINE TRAVEL FORUM.

And I also see you are a Brand NEW Member of TripAdvisor… so a BIG Welcome Aboard as well !!

Typically after someone posts a Question in the FORUMS… and some time has passed… they don’t come back to look a the topic again… but rather they have moved on to their next Travel Adventure.

This is particularly so if the post was their First on TA, or in both these above cases, their ONLY posts.

So I’d say chances are slim… that you’d hear back from the previous Posters… that said, you could always send them a PM (Private Message) to find out if they did stay, and what they thought… they may or may not reply.

Unfortunately, TripAdvisor doesn’t list a lot of Campgrounds in the REVIEWS Section… so few Travellers think of writing such a posting. (BTW, if there was an entry, it would be listed under the SPECIALTY LODGING Category).

BUT, Campers have a good network of info… so there are many Websites that are dedicated to their interests… including those dedicated to Reviews.

A quick GOOGLE for – Kincardine Fishermans Cove Campground Reviews - and I was able to pull up several Reviews on various websites including… Campsource.ca – Camping-Canada.com etc.

Hope this is helpful,

Cheers!

Wine-4-2

PS… If you do choose to stay there… do come back and tell us about the Experience… I am sure that your info could go a long way to helping out other Travellers.

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
1 post
140 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fishermans cove campground

This place is okay if you have kids. otherwise your looking to stay at the wrong place. However there's activities to keep your occupied. I was here July 2012 with my BF, hes very into golf. Next door is one of the "hidden gems of Ontario" the black fly golf course.

Orangeville, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
6. Re: Fishermans cove campground

Our family vacation at Fisherman's Cove near Kincardine,

We made specific reservations with Ronda, the park's owner, in February for

July. We talked to her twice via phone, plus emails, and we were told no problem getting the sites we asked for.

Told we were to get a confirmation soon but never received anything for a couple of months. When we arrived in July she said that we do not take reservations, we were assigned sites that are still open that others did not want when we arrived. When we asked her about a couple of vacant sites she said they were reserved for a group coming in later that week. That makes a lot of sense!

When finally given our sites we didn't have spots that were remotely close to what we asked for. The site she had given us was actually 20 ft away from a road?! "'its not a road" is what Ronda told us. Really? Let your kids play there then.

She completely denied that she talked to my wife twice about the sites we requested. She actually had my wife get her phone to show Ronda the emails sent and received by her to us. Wow!

She left us with the option of having our money returned and then packing up and still paying for the 2 days we were in the site we did not want. Great service!

Paying for your children is another thing that we were surprised about. They were an additional fee on top of the already high price of $54 per night. By additional I mean it was another $50!

Just so people know, the sites there are based on 2 people only.

Total for 1 week there was $500+++. Funny they didn't show us a price when we received our confirmation.

Terrible customer service along with the worst, most confusing, reservation/non reservation? system any camper has ever heard of will definitely keep us from going there again.

Jerome Fradette & Family

Reply to: Fishermans cove campground
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Kincardine