We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Sledding

Battle Creek...
Level Contributor
18 posts
49 reviews
Save Topic
Sledding

Hi! My family is traveling to the Canmore/Banff area on Dec 27,2006 for 7 nights (already have our accomodations booked). My kids LOVE to go sledding/tobaggoning. Is there any place in or around Canmore that we can do this with the kids?? Any help with this would be greatly appreciated! (the last time I was in this area was about 20 years ago....I can't wait to share it now with my husband and 2 kids since its so beautiful!) Thanks!!

Calgary, Alberta...
Level Contributor
3,855 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Sledding

A Google search indicates that you can toboggan in Canmore at Cemetery Hill or Riverside Park. You also can toboggan in Banff near the Banff Springs Hotel, by the Waldhaus Restaurant.

The same website ( www.where.ca ) indicates that you can rent toboggans at Snowtips, 225 Bear Street, Banff or The Ski Stop at the Fairmont Banff Springs Hotel.

Hope that helps.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
25 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Sledding

The sledding at BAnff springs hotel is cool. It is a small hill but has a fire going with hot chocolate and a skating area as well. Cool memories.

Battle Creek...
Level Contributor
18 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Sledding

Thanks Judy for the info! I didn't know about that website and I also had googled. I really, really appreciate it! Thanks for taking the time to answer!

Battle Creek...
Level Contributor
18 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Sledding

Hi phkbc,

Thanks for responding to to my entry. Do you live around Banff or did you sled on vacation there? :-)