We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best area to stay

Elgin, United...
Level Contributor
359 posts
161 reviews
Save Topic
Best area to stay

We're comming to Vancouver in Marh next year and had planned to stay in Abbotsford, can anyone reccomend a hotel which is good but will allow us easy access of parts of Vancouver. Or is there somewhere more central for sightseeing etc

Amsterdam, The...
Level Contributor
679 posts
Save Reply
11. Re: Best area to stay

No need to be sorry, but I'm not sure who you are disagreeing with. I was referring to may and/or september, not the high season. Wouldn't know about that, I've never been there that time of year. I always rent a car, but for downtown I find the HOHO service very convenient.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
27,561 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Best area to stay

Abbotsford could be a nice base for a couple of days of sightseeing in the Valley, but only with a car. It would be a nightmare without a car.

If you want to visit with your relatives for a day or two, then you could get to Abbotsford using the West Coast Express to Mission and then the Central Valley Transit system to get around from there.

www.westcoastexpress.com/portal.asp…

http://www.transitbc.com/regions/cfv/

Greyhound Bus would also be an option.

There are some lovely things to see out there, but its really not a realistic base for seeing the city.

Vancouver, Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver
Level Contributor
60,825 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Best area to stay

Wallie, your point is well taken. Without the crowds, the HOHO is a great service.

Elgin, United...
Level Contributor
359 posts
161 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Best area to stay

Thanks everybody for your valued info

15. Re: Best area to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 pm, August 11, 2015