We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

langley

bathgate scotland
Level Contributor
34 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
langley

looking for things to do and places to eat in langley.any suggestions?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
3,158 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: langley

Have a look at Fort Langley -

http://www.fortlangley.com/

Also, the Langley Circle Farm Tour may be of interest -

www.circlefarmtour.com/index.php?page_id=82

Look under "where to eat" for some winery info.

Finally, here is the portion of the "hellobc" website dealing with Langley -

hellobc.com/en-CA/…

(Go to "www.hellobc.ca" and plug "Langley" into the search function, if this link does not work for you.)

Edited: 2:11 pm, March 29, 2010
Vancouver-by-the-Sea
Destination Expert
for British Columbia
Level Contributor
8,749 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: langley

vancouverpaddlewheeler.com/Fort_Langley.html

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
26,995 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: langley

Langley is a big area that stretches from the Fraser River to the border with several "neighbourhoods". There's Fort Langley, Glen Valley and Walnut Grove in the north, Willowbrook and Langley City in the middle, then Aldergrove, Brookswood and Campbell Valley to the south.

Langley is RICH in parks, and some of my favourites are there. Check out Derby Reach (particularly the Heritage area and the Houston Trail), Campbell Valley (several companies offer horse riding in the park) and Aldergrove Lake (a small swimming hole and some lovely trails through some geologically interesting terrain, but if you don't know what a glacial erratic is, then it may not impress you so much)

metrovancouver.org/services/…default.aspx

There are a few wineries and even a marked winery tour (which I have yet to do because someone else really needs to be driving for that one!).

Fort Langley is a major tourist attraction in the area with the National Historic Site, the Langley Centennial Museum and the BC Farm Machinery Museum (its better than it sounds!), as well as several lovely shops and cafes.

Willowbrook is your shopping mecca (or hell, depending on your perspective regarding major commercial developments) with many many chain and independent restaurants. All the major players are there. For a greasy spoon with great Thai Food, check out My Thai on Fraser Highway. Sort of place where you will wonder what you are getting in to, but the food is good and cheap.

Lots of good golf courses if that's your thing, many of them also have very good restaurants. I can recommend Newlands for brunch. Hazelmere does a good brunch too.

There's a museum at the Langley Regional Airport that I've been meaning to check out for years. Can also go for scenic flights from there.

South Langley is only minutes from White Rock and all it has to offer, and from north Langley, its easy to get over to Maple Ridge and the mountains from places like Golden Ears Provincial Park.

Enjoy!

Edited: 6:37 pm, March 29, 2010
4. Re: langley

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 am, September 26, 2010