We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabana Beach campground and rv park

Which Osoyoos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
vancouver
5 posts
Save Topic
Cabana Beach campground and rv park

Has anyone ever stayed at this particular campground or know of anyone who has? I looked for reviews of this place on the web for hours and cannot find a single one. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
3,009 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabana Beach campground and rv park

I've driven by it many, many times. It is a typical Osoyoos camp ground, that is, it is very crowded and packed together. The beachfront sites are nice, people tend to pack them full with tents, so no space is left between spots. The location is good, right across the street from the lake, the street has a good pathway. Haynes Pt campground is by far the nicest in Osoyoos, but no showers (and often windy). Inkameep campground is also good, but can get windy too as it is less protected.

One thing you could look into is the campground at the Waterslides. The property was to be sold, but the deal broke down, so they are back to offering camping again this summer - and probably have lots of openings as they were closed for awhile. Nice new website I found:

http://osoyoos-rv-waterslides.ca/

Most of the camping areas have been converted to condo's. Are you tenting or RV'ing??????

http://www.campingosoyoos.com/ for Inkameep site.

vancouver
5 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabana Beach campground and rv park

thanks for the info! we will be tenting. i figured cabana beach would be noisy and crowded so i was hesitant to book there even though it looks nice. we were considering haynes point but we have small children and the wind kinda concerns us a bit. plus from what i hear its VERY difficult to get a spot there anway! can you visit haynes just for the day?

we were considering a place in oliver called lakeside resort as well. looks beautiful in the pictures and ive read very good reviews of the place.

i will definately look at the water park campground as well! thanks again for your help!

Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
2,495 posts
148 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cabana Beach campground and rv park

We have stayed in the motel at Lakeside and it was very nice. The campground looked very good as well. When we were there someone came around selling scrumptious pies which we just had to try. Fortunately our friends were RVing so we had facilities to eat it!!

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
3,009 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cabana Beach campground and rv park

Haynes can get windy, or it can be heaven on earth. It is right on the water, with large private lots. I've heard that Oliver is nice to. Yes, you can visit Haynes Pt, they have day parking to spend time there. I think the kids don't mind the crowding also, they seem to love having other kids to play with! Good luck with your trip and don't forget to go to Rattlesnake Canyon for a fun evening!

Kamloops
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Cabana Beach campground and rv park

We have stayed numerous times at the Lakeside in Oliver(since the kids were babies!). Kids still love going here, very safe beach as it is a private resort. Semi hectic with lots of kids everywhere it seems but all are having a good time and new friends will surely be made. Camping is on grass under numerous trees and the resort is on the south side of the lake and somewhat shaded which is I think very necessary in sometimes mid 30C to 40C weather. Basic cabanas may be available depending on when you are going and a motel portion is on site too, we have never used these features as we have an RV.

Hope this provides an alternative :0)

vancouver
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cabana Beach campground and rv park

is there a kids playground at the lakeside resort or is it nearby?

Kamloops
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Cabana Beach campground and rv park

A few pieces on site and you are right next door to the town's 'beach/playground". All you have to do is walk in the water to it(around the resorts neighbour fence). About a 5 minute drive towards town is the Rotary(=I believe) playground with a large assotment of kid things.

vancouver
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Cabana Beach campground and rv park

do you recall if the campsites have picnic tables on them?

Kamloops
Level Contributor
80 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Cabana Beach campground and rv park

Picnic tables are present and you can also rent fridges that plug in to power outlets. Looks kind of weird but a lot of people do this. Campsites are kind of strange too as the area is a fairly large grassy area with spots sort of divided out, hard to describe.

Two separate wash facilities with showers/bathrooms. One laundry facility also on site.

http://www.lakeside.bc.ca/

My 13 year old daughter says to tell you that penny candy day is on Wednesday, sand castle building is Tuesday, corner store is walking distance for slushies and ice-cream, dock that you can swim to, rent paddle boats & canoes and it's FUN!

Vancouver, B.C.
Level Contributor
3,009 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Cabana Beach campground and rv park

that does sound good!

Be sure to visit Rattlesnake Canyon in osoyoos for mini golf, race carts etc. ..best at night as daytime is hot hot hot! Public swimming is just up the road also.

Get answers to your questions about Osoyoos