We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tent Camping in Osoyoos, BC

Which Osoyoos hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Alberta
Level Contributor
3 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Tent Camping in Osoyoos, BC

My friend and I are going to be making a road trip to Osoyoos in August. We are looking for a good campground close or in town that has a beach for swimming, and one with firepits in each site. We would also like one with washrooms with showers as we will be there for a week. Does anyone have any suggestions as to a good spot? Any info would be appreciated. Thank you.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
24,576 posts
59 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tent Camping in Osoyoos, BC

I was all ready to recommend Rock Creek, until I read the part about showers....

We camped here last summer: …gov.bc.ca/bcparks/…kettle.html

What a lucky find. We were booked into a campground at Osoyoos and they cancelled on us, so we were panicked as were were on our way back from Sask. This is a great park, the river is shallow and warm and everyone rafts around it. This is only about 30 minutes out of Osoyoos, so it's easy to get in for the day. It has flush toilets (they look like pit toilets until you open the door) but no showers, just the river.

Otherwise, most of the Osoyoos campgrounds are being developed into high end condo units, but last time I was up there, there was still a couple of options for camping in Oliver, only 20 minutes up the road. It's a great area, and everything is close together, so I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Coquitlam, Canada
Level Contributor
333 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tent Camping in Osoyoos, BC

Here are 3 campgrounds that I know of. The only thing I'm not sure on is the fire pits but they all have showers.

Nk'mip Campground

Cabana Beach Campground

Shady Lagoon Campsite

Canada
Destination Expert
for Vancouver Island
Level Contributor
2,473 posts
146 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tent Camping in Osoyoos, BC

We stayed here before in Oliver. They have tenting, RV's and motel. http://www.lakeside.bc.ca/index.asp

Vancouver, Canada
13 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Tent Camping in Osoyoos, BC

Hi there...

Haynes Point is a great spot, not sure about the showers but they do have firepits and nice swimming areas. Can get breezy there in the afternoons. Check out the link.

…gov.bc.ca/bcparks/…haynes.html

Cheers,

Bob

5. Re: Tent Camping in Osoyoos, BC

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:20 am, September 27, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Osoyoos