We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Restaurants near Morrisburg?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
40 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Restaurants near Morrisburg?

We are dropping our kids off for summer camp at Upper Canada Village this weekend and would like to go out for dinner someplace nice in the vicinity afterwards. Any suggestions? We will be driving back to Ottawa right afterwards.

alberta
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Restaurants near Morrisburg?

The Best Western in cornwall really truly has the best prime rib in the country

Chicago
Level Contributor
181 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Restaurants near Morrisburg?

Off topic, but I need someone who knows the area for a nice interesting,unique, hotel. We're driving from Indianapolis to Quebec City in mid July and want to stop after about 12 hours..which by my calculations would put us near/in the Cornwall, St. Zotique vicinity. That would be about 45 to an hour or so away from Montreal, maybe longer. All I see are Comfort Inns, Best Westerns(and I must say, that one gets great reviews) Motel 8s etc. I really would rather spend our first night in something a bit more interesting and akin to Canada. I know, it's only one night for the purpose of getting some sleep, but I like to make everything worthwhile and memorable.

London, Canada
Level Contributor
3,759 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Restaurants near Morrisburg?

az~What about stopping in Gananoque at the Gananoque Inn?

ontariosfinestinns.com/INNS/inn_gananoque.ht…

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g182143-d182840…

For every city the listings for B&Bs/inns on TA sometimes also have a few gems, but Cornwall unfortunately isn't one of those spots.

There are a few other inns on that site from the eastern region you might be interested in as well for a more "Canadiana" stay.

http://www.ontariosfinestinns.com/

Chicago
Level Contributor
181 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Restaurants near Morrisburg?

Thanks Tobie..now THAT'S what I'm talking about.

West Grey, Ontario
Destination Expert
for Toronto
Level Contributor
73,954 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Restaurants near Morrisburg?

Hi azwurth;

While in Gananoque (pronounced GAN-AN-OCK-WAY), the "Gateway to the Thousand Islands", you must take a boat tour of the 1000 Islands. The boat docks are adjacent to the Gananoque Inn.

www.ganboatline.com/

They offer 1 hr, 3 hr, and 5 hr tours. The 5 hour tour stops at Boldt Castle, which was built in 1900 by the former owner of the Waldorf-Astoria Hotel in New York City. If you wish to walk about the island and tour through the castle, you will need to clear U.S. Customs, as the island is in American waters. Be sure that you bring your identification as required.

www.boldtcastle.com/

For more info on the 1000 Islands;

www.1000islandsgananoque.com

www.visit1000islands.com/

www.1000islandsinfo.com/

Best Regards

Chicago
Level Contributor
181 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Restaurants near Morrisburg?

Very nice. Thanks for that information, we'll try to give that a go.

Chicago
Level Contributor
181 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Restaurants near Morrisburg?

..while I have you, what can we expect weatherwise in mid July..for this area, and for Quebec City?

70s? Rain?

8. Re: Restaurants near Morrisburg?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:24 am, September 08, 2009