We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travelodge vancouver airport

los angeles
1 post
Save Topic
Travelodge vancouver airport

I would like your honest opinions of this hotel. We have 5 nights reserved to stay there in July while we visit Vancouver and I'm not sure that this hotel is a choice place. Five nights is a long time to be in an uncomfortable hotel. Is it clean? How long does it take to drive in to downtown Vancouver from this Travelodge? It doesn't sound like it has any character or is in a convenient area for us.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
53 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Travelodge vancouver airport

To be honest if you are looking to spend most of your time downtown, this is a very bad location for you. If you don't have a car a taxi will cost you about $30 and take 25 minutes or so every time you want to go in to the city. Depending on your budget there are many affordable hotels in and around the downtown area. I haven't stayed near the airport, but I honestly don't think there is very much around there. If I were you I would look for something else, you will probably want to be near Robson street if you are hoping to do some touring / shopping, everything you could ever need and more. Most people who stay at the airport hotels I would imagine only do so for one night, to catch a connecting flight to international locations.

Perhaps give more info on your budget and the dates you'll be there.

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
561 posts
99 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travelodge vancouver airport

I agree wholeheartedly with the previous poster. We have stayed at this hotel a couple of times but only because we were flying out of YVR. We would never stay there to visit the city of Vancouver. It's too far from downtown and it's not worth fighting the traffic - especially if you are primarily looking to see things in downtown, Stanley Park, Chinatown, etc. Even to get to downtown Richmond is about 10 minutes drive and besides stores, there's not much to see there.

The hotel itself is a nice hotel with pool, restaurant and other amenities. But for touring Vancouver it is not the ideal location. I think it is mostly used by people on there way in and out of Vancouver via the airport.

3. Re: Travelodge vancouver airport

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:18 am, August 12, 2009