We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Family visit to this area for one week

Bristol, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Family visit to this area for one week

I am a Kiwi living in UK. I have taken my husband to NZ on several occasions and we will be there again for a week after New Year. We fly into Auckland to pickup a rental car ... and are looking for suggestions in the general area.

We have been to the Bay of Island before and that area is great, we've also "done" Rotorua and Taupo. This time we will be a family with a 4yo and a Granny too. To go back to the BoI would be an easy option ... but is there anywhere I'm overlooking? Open to all suggestions!

THANKS

VIXINTHEHILLS

Christchurch, New...
Destination Expert
for Zhuhai, Christchurch, South Island
Level Contributor
31,296 posts
322 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Family visit to this area for one week

How far do you want to travel? Coromandel is a great option at that time of year, basing yourselves at Whitianga or Coromandel. Might be hard to get a spot this late in the year though.

Bristol, United...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Family visit to this area for one week

Thanks for the response. We don't mind driving about 2-3 hours from airport. Coromandel area or BoP have been on the tip of my tongue. i am just not an expert of this region. I need to consider activities and highlights for our 4yo!!

Yes, I realise we've left the planning a bit late ... so hoping for some inspiration

3. Re: Family visit to this area for one week

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, December 17, 2013