We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

AKL car rental

Ottawa
Level Contributor
151 posts
391 reviews
324 helpful votes
AKL car rental

Hi!

We know and have read through several posts about this subject however, we are finding it difficult to find a reputable car company near Auckland airport.

We are staying at the Novotel (late flight arrival) and picking up the car the morning after. We would like a new or newish SUV. Seems a few companies are not reliable and some have had issues at their return.

Does anyone, with multiple experience flying through AKL have any reputable car companies to suggest?

We are only staying on the North Island.

Greatly appreciate your help !

2 replies to this topic
New York City, New...
Level Contributor
858 posts
1 review
1. Re: AKL car rental

Why is it so difficult. All the global firms are reputable: Hertz, Avis etc. Local firm Apex is also reputable.

If you want an on-airport firm use one of the global firms.

If you want cheap, well that's a different story. If you've read this forum you should know not to rent a car based solely on price.

Good luck...

Rarotonga, Cook...
Destination Expert
for Rarotonga, Waiheke Island, Southern Cook Islands, Auckland Central
Level Contributor
19,975 posts
130 reviews
82 helpful votes
2. Re: AKL car rental

I have had good service renting from Avis, Budget, Hertz, and Thrifty. And there is also Europcar with an office on the ground floor alongside the other agencies that I've mentioned. The Novotel would be no more than 1 minute from any of the first tier agencies, and the carpark where their rental cars are parked is no more than 3 - 5 minutes walk from the Novotel.

However, I have also rented from RentaDent, Auckland airport and been upgraded to a new car which I wasn't expecting. Again completely satisfactory service and no different in vehicle newness to the first tier companies, just half the cost.

Reply to: AKL car rental
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted